Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Hoist Help

Raimie

Does anyone use a permanent hoist with an I-Beam cradle like mine?

If so, can you please post pics of your v-drive on it and how you set up the bunks? I am looking for advice on how to set mine up for my T22.

wasyec.jpg

33uvc6x.jpg

If it was me, I'd set my bunks up so they line up with the Fibecs chassis stringers. That's what I did on mine however it's not a hoist like yours but I don't see how the logic is any different.

I don't have the I beam cradle but I did all day Sunday with Andrew setting up the lift for our t22. If it helps I can get dimensions tomorrow. I will say go a little wide in the rear of possible, the paddle wheel or speed pick up was directly above my bunk the way it was originally set up. I can better photos too.

post-5559-139935251302_thumb.jpg

@addicted2wake dimensions and pics would be great. How wide did you set the bunks, are they equal front to back? Also, How high are the bunks in front and back so the bow has enough clearance and shaft has enough clearance not to hit the beam of lift. Thanks in advance and sweet boat!

OK, hopefully this helps. Let me know if you want to see anything specific. As mentioned before, I wouldn't go any narrower on the bunks at the rear at least….if the boat moves 3" to the left, the bunk will hit the paddle wheel. I would have made them a little wider but i have guide ons that help restrict the lateral movement.

14146661293_aaf212a194_s.jpgFront Cradle

14103429586_9138494574_s.jpgSpeedo

14123287331_b4b1dca83c_s.jpgProp

14103429546_b38fc2249a_s.jpgRear Cradle

Thanks @addicted2wake. Really Appreciate you taking the time to get the pics and measurements. Now I can set up my lift before my boat arrives in a week or so!

• Like 2