Sign in to follow this  
jh200

01 LSV Speakers Cutting Out

jh200

Hey everyone,

Haven't pulled the boat out of storage yet, but I'm trying to troubleshoot some speaker issues from the end of last season.

The front speakers under the dash will only come on when the volume is turned up to a fairly high setting.

I'm no expert on audio so I check the connections at the amp and the speaker.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!

gSm

Check your grounding. This happened to my boat this year, the dealer said it was the ground. Good Luck!

MLA

Are the speakers powered by an amp or the head-unit? Since they do play, I would look at the fade level or gain level on the amp.

Waynerzman

Agree with mla. Likely settings on your amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David

It would be helpful to know if the dash speakers are slow to follow the others in output or if the dash speakers come on abruptly and if both dash speakers behave identically.

Slow to follow could be gain levels on an amplifier.

Abruptly could be a bad ground on a dedicated amplifier, poorly seated RCAs, water damage to electronics, voice coil gap filled with water, or an internal disconnect between the speaker's braided tinsel lead and solid voice coil wire connection, among other possibilities. It helps narrow down the potential causes if this condition is common to both dash speakers simultaneously.