Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What part would I need/where can I buy - heater 2006 Malibu Wakesetter.

The story: Finally bought a house on a lake with a dock and a lift. The marina said they could winterize it on the lift. Great. They just springerized it. I noticed water under the console when I ran the boat. Marina says well it's your heater. I said but you winterized it. He says well since we did it on your lift I didn't have my air compressor so I couldn't blow the water out of the heater. I said that would have been nice to know back in the fall.
Anyway, my question: What parts would I need and where could I order them from? This is for a 2006 Malibu Wakesetter VLX 21.5'? Thanks.

You can get everything you need from Bakes Online or Inland watersports. I would also send the marina that invoice for new parts as thats BS.

I second sending the marina the bill. Pretty lame.

While your doing this, look around in this forum. There are a bunch of us who have our heaters setup to easily drain. I installed Prestone radiator flush Ts in the heater hoses down in the bilge. I just remove the caps & let the core drain by gravity. Others have used garden hose quick release fittings like your exhaust has. Just be sure that the core is installed with the inlet/outlet on the bottom so it'll drain easily. Makes the whole winterization process a lot easier.

flushts.jpg

I pop the heater hoses of and blow the water out with my mouth. That is total BS they didn't drain the water. Once again a reason to do it yourself.

You can also take the core out and just replace the core. The core cost about 20 bucks at NAPA.

Heatercraft offers everything you need for marine heaters but you can also get most common parts from NAPA or Princess Auto.

You're a lot nicer than I am. If I paid someone to winterize my boat and the heater froze, they would be fixing it for free. Why are you paying to fix their mistake?