Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

THoughts after first 13 hours and full weekend on my 14 LSV

CJAY

Malibu has been known for clean wakes even at low speeds, I'm surprised to hear about the wake washing out. The VLX is super clean from 17mph up. I would think the LSV would be no different. Only thing I can see compared to a VLX would be a wider wake with LSV because of beam width. Did you ride factory MLS and wedge without any extra weight for wakeboarding?

I was more than surprised, my VTX was far less sensitive. i tried running just MLS, but I'm sure some water was still in the bags. I'm going to give it another go this week and see what happens. I created a new preset just for MLS riding.

Yeah, as far as I know my dealer didn't change it

Interesting, I ordered the torque prop as well and it came to the dealer with a 1235. They said they will swap the prop for a torque prop when they do final assembly.

My top end is just at 40mph with that prop

That's not to hateful! I could definitely deal with a 40 mph top speed. Maybe I wouldn't mind that prop then... Still hitting the rev limiter with some throttle left?

I just purchased the ACME 1615 today. I've been running the 2315 on my VLX and before that the 1235. This prop slots in the middle between those two props and hopefully will be my sweet spot. I should have upgraded the engine. I can't imagine anyone ordering the new 23LSV with anything less than the LS3.

The biggest issue with malivue, is that it's poorly designed in the first place, then to make it your only option is mornic. I've played with both tige and nautiques touch screen systems, much more intuitive and better.

I just purchased the ACME 1615 today. I've been running the 2315 on my VLX and before that the 1235. This prop slots in the middle between those two props and hopefully will be my sweet spot. I should have upgraded the engine. I can't imagine anyone ordering the new 23LSV with anything less than the LS3.

Cory,

You don't think that the 1615 will basically mirror the performance of the 2315? Just trading diameter for pitch, no? Please keep us updated on how you like it. Part of me thinks that the 14.5 diameter props work better with the 5.7 than the 15.

Hope it works out for you.

The biggest issue with malivue, is that it's poorly designed in the first place, then to make it your only option is mornic. I've played with both tige and nautiques touch screen systems, much more intuitive and better.

Totally understand your issues with Malivue. It was one of the deciding factors that kept me out of the new 23lsv. The only function that I used on it with my VLX was the pre-set page.

Totally understand your issues with Malivue. It was one of the deciding factors that kept me out of the new 23lsv. The only function that I used on it with my VLX was the pre-set page.

Ditto here, pre sets and speed control screen and that's all I have ever used.

I should have taken pics without he rider, it's huge and pretty long, great lip and a carzy amount of push. We were riding at 12.2 and I had be pretty light on my front foot or I'd zoom forward. Once i got the hang of it I was able to really ride back in the pocket and come screaming back forward with just a couple pumps

What board are you riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was more than surprised, my VTX was far less sensitive. i tried running just MLS, but I'm sure some water was still in the bags. I'm going to give it another go this week and see what happens. I created a new preset just for MLS riding.

I think you will get it dialed in, it's a new boat and might take a few trips out. I can't imagine you not being thrilled with everything the LSV offers. You have a beautiful boat... Hopefully your wife will come around and enjoy it, that is what this is all about, having a great time with your family and friends on the water!

• Like 2

What board are you riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was riding a couple different boards, a ronix one and a gridwater muaka or however you spell it.

CJAY I know this is wedge 101 but you are working with a calibrated wedge correct? Planing problems you described are symptomatic of the wedge not being where the gauge says it is.

CJAY I know this is wedge 101 but you are working with a calibrated wedge correct? Planing problems you described are symptomatic of the wedge not being where the gauge says it is.

I'll check it, but it seems any time the wedge is incorporated at wakeboard speeds it actually just slows the boat back down to 14mph, no matter where we have it

I'll check it, but it seems any time the wedge is incorporated at wakeboard speeds it actually just slows the boat back down to 14mph, no matter where we have it

Seems like you do have something out of the ordinary, possibly an uncalibrated wedge. Granted I have a VLX but I run quite a bit more weight than you with a monsoon engine and a comparable prop. It can be a little slow to plane from time to time but once up I have no issues staying on plane. I also get a top speed of 41-42, I'm assuming this is due to a little small hull though. I've ran over 4k in ballast and the wedge and had no problems staying on plane even through turns, not sure why you would have issues with 100 more hp and less weight.

Cjay is your cruise control engaging and bringing the boat down to some 14mph preset? just an idea? that happens to us once in awhile when we forget to turn it off on a preset.

No we had it set to 22mph. Going out with the dealer tomorrow night to show them, hopefully we get it figured out

So had the dealer out Fri, and they said it definitely wasn't getting the power it should. There were 3 of us in the boat and it planed out fully weighted, but took forever, and then when the wedge was put into the mix it wouldn't plane fully loaded with the wedge all the way down. We then unloaded some of the PNP weight and got it on plane with the wedge all the way down, but as soon as it moved into position it came right back off plane. They are going to do some diagnostics and may try a 2419 with a little more pitch.

On the positive we went out sat and rode with full PNP at about 24mph and at 75ft, the wake was huge and super poppy. One of my buddies who is looking at a new xstar said riding behind the LSV has made his choice quite a bit harder

• Like 1

So had the dealer out Fri, and they said it definitely wasn't getting the power it should. There were 3 of us in the boat and it planed out fully weighted, but took forever, and then when the wedge was put into the mix it wouldn't plane fully loaded with the wedge all the way down. We then unloaded some of the PNP weight and got it on plane with the wedge all the way down, but as soon as it moved into position it came right back off plane. They are going to do some diagnostics and may try a 2419 with a little more pitch.

On the positive we went out sat and rode with full PNP at about 24mph and at 75ft, the wake was huge and super poppy. One of my buddies who is looking at a new xstar said riding behind the LSV has made his choice quite a bit harder

not busting but make sure they try less pitch

It sure sucks to hear that many of the Maliview problems continue on. My 2011 took 2 seasons to work out all the bugs.

The glove box still pops up from the factory! You should be able to loosen and adjust some of the latch or mounting screws.

My wife was not happy for two years, if the boat didn’t ride and run so comfortably we would have dumped it.

All is good now however. Good luck.

Skipdawg316

Cjay, did you ever get your on plane power problem solved?

I have the LS3 as well and loaded the boat for the first this weekend. I get on plane, but I noticed when the wedge is all the down, it does struggle move than I would have thought. I get a pretty good vibration in the center line. If I put the wedge up to stowed position it goes away. Wondering if it's a similar issue or if just normal.

I have 750s in the back and 650 in the bow. All on top of stock MLS.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

I woke thinking about the LSV...its awesome!

10 people in the cabin comfy. Wakeboard wake was amazing. I got to see some guys fly. Rode the ACU behind it and loved it. This will be the best seller for sure!