Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

THoughts after first 13 hours and full weekend on my 14 LSV

CJAY

2419 is not the standard prop on these boats. I'm guessing that was an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah torque prop upgrade, we are at alt, so it's the only option

When you're running fully weighted is it pretty easy to dip the bow? I guess I just need to get used to driving a boat with everything full. I got in big trouble yesterday because I soaked my wife's bottom while she was riding in the bow. :biggrin:

I initially thought I needed to add more bow weight to get the boat on plane, but there is no way I am putting more up there with it that easy to dip with just the plug n play arrow bag up there.

I just picked up my 2014 LSV Saturday. We had a 2 hour demo trip with it is all so far and going from no boat to this boat we love it. However we have not had time to find anything we don't like yet. CJAY, can you explain more about the problem with the RF you are having? I really do not understand what you are talking about. Sorry for the newbie question I just want to understand what it is I am not going to like when I come across it.

I averaged mine out last season pretty religiously. L96, 2012 247 with the 2315 prop. I was at 3.7 gph with a 80 percent surf duty cycle and the rest cruising around. Pulled a tube for half a day once at a WTW event and still was only near 3.9. I do run at just about 2900-3000 rpms at surf speeds.

Again. I don't have surfgate and I run full MLS , large surf sack at 1800-2000lbs, 500lbs of lead and wedge at full down to 1-2 clicks up depending. I am personally blown away by the fuel efficiency of this setup.

My Fosgate touch screen just started wacking out also. None of the stuff next to the steering wheel would work. Power, track fwd, track back. Then if you touched Volume up, it would turn it ALL THE WAY UP and there was nothing you could do but turn the boat off. I did some on the spot diag, and found that it has something to do with the mounting screws and the faceplate not being flush when mounted. It would work fine until you started putting screws in it and tightening them down. I had to find a balance on how tight they were to keep it working. Seems like flexing the faceplate would wack out the touch memebrane. I have a new remote sitting there that Malibu drop shipped me, just haven't had time to put it in yet.

When you're running fully weighted is it pretty easy to dip the bow? I guess I just need to get used to driving a boat with everything full. I got in big trouble yesterday because I soaked my wife's bottom while she was riding in the bow. :biggrin:

I initially thought I needed to add more bow weight to get the boat on plane, but there is no way I am putting more up there with it that easy to dip with just the plug n play arrow bag up there.

Once you learn how to drive that way it's pretty easy. While I was surfing Thursday my buddy, who has been driving boats for decades, took on about 5 inches of water trying to power through coming back to get me. He just didn't understand how to turn around to get the rider when weighted like that. Let the wave pass you then turn around. The axis will take some serious water when you dip it, but if you practice you'll rarely do so.

I just picked up my 2014 LSV Saturday. We had a 2 hour demo trip with it is all so far and going from no boat to this boat we love it. However we have not had time to find anything we don't like yet. CJAY, can you explain more about the problem with the RF you are having? I really do not understand what you are talking about. Sorry for the newbie question I just want to understand what it is I am not going to like when I come across it.

Basically did what Bobby's did. None of the buttons do anything on the one to the left of the steering wheel. the screen still tells you what is going on, when you change the volume through malivue it shows on the RF remote, but the buttons are dead.

Neither of these really show it well or do it justice. I'll snap some this week that are better

I was shocked at the surf wake when we saw it in person Saturday. No pics or video I have seen did it justice.

Edited by MEYJR

I was shocked at the surf wake when we saw it in person Saturday. No pics or video I have seen did it justice.

I should have taken pics without he rider, it's huge and pretty long, great lip and a carzy amount of push. We were riding at 12.2 and I had be pretty light on my front foot or I'd zoom forward. Once i got the hang of it I was able to really ride back in the pocket and come screaming back forward with just a couple pumps

I would double check that the right prop is on it.

I thought I was getting the 2315, so after we got off the lake I climbed under and saw the 2419

Basically did what Bobby's did. None of the buttons do anything on the one to the left of the steering wheel. the screen still tells you what is going on, when you change the volume through malivue it shows on the RF remote, but the buttons are dead.

yesterday while i was in it at the house cleaning it up I had an ipod connected thru the cable playing music. I thought I could control it with the RF head unit but could never get it to play from there. I found where it said playlist, artist, songs but could never do anything from there. I finally started it from the ipod so I could get to cleaning. Is this what you mean? I never looked at the malivue screen becasue on our demo he said that was pretty useless with the head unit right there to use.

Hope you get it worked out soon CJAY, beautiful boat! I was hoping the upgrade was the 2315, which is the only reason I ordered it. I could plane out our 24 MXZ with 4k running the 1235, lot less altitude than you. It's not uncommon find the RF remote to not be completely plugged in, either at the black box or off the remote - last one I had do this was a poor connection right at the bow tank.

yesterday while i was in it at the house cleaning it up I had an ipod connected thru the cable playing music. I thought I could control it with the RF head unit but could never get it to play from there. I found where it said playlist, artist, songs but could never do anything from there. I finally started it from the ipod so I could get to cleaning. Is this what you mean? I never looked at the malivue screen becasue on our demo he said that was pretty useless with the head unit right there to use.

No, that sounds like it isn't picking up your iphone. This is where when you touch any of the buttons on it nothing happens at all.

Hope you get it worked out soon CJAY, beautiful boat! I was hoping the upgrade was the 2315, which is the only reason I ordered it. I could plane out our 24 MXZ with 4k running the 1235, lot less altitude than you. It's not uncommon find the RF remote to not be completely plugged in, either at the black box or off the remote - last one I had do this was a poor connection right at the bow tank.

Yeah I was thinking that, the old remote had two wires and if one of them got unplugged the buttons didn't work. I traced the cable back under the helm, but didn't have time to take my sub out to chase it down

No, that sounds like it isn't picking up your iphone. This is where when you touch any of the buttons on it nothing happens at all.

Oh ok I see now. I have an iphone 5 and didn't have an adapter for it so I was using one of my son's very old ipods. I will have to get an adapter and see if it works better with my phone.

Oh ok I see now. I have an iphone 5 and didn't have an adapter for it so I was using one of my son's very old ipods. I will have to get an adapter and see if it works better with my phone.

I bet the old ipod isn't new enough to work

My head unit was super flaky. It would go blank. Sometimes it showed data, but wouldn't let me use the head unit. Cycling boat power would fix it for a while.

It turned out that all of this was because the cable was loose. Between the head unit and "black box" is an extension cable. The connection at the extension cable was loose (PITA to get to. It was behind the sub)

The RF was sensitive, then it became speradic and wouldn't work some of the time, then it just all out quit. Forcing us to use media mode, which is a terrible mode, which caused my wife to hate the boat. When i explained we could just use the 420 for now, she got extra pissed that we even have to. She lost it trying to switch between media and gauges while pulling me, ended up on a blue screen and hasn't had a lot of love for the boat since

This sounds like a great time... my wife would have responded exactly the same way. She has very high expectations on expensive things.

Maybe I missed it, but was the 2419 what came on your boat as the torque prop?

Yeah, as far as I know my dealer didn't change it

I was had the bow tank full plus my 750. Something isn't right I'm thinking.

Yeah the surf and wakeboard wakes are crazy good, comprable to the G21 I was on a couple weeks ago wakeboard wise, and much better surf wise. Just really weight touchy on the wakeboard one, was washing out one side really bad

Malibu has been known for clean wakes even at low speeds, I'm surprised to hear about the wake washing out. The VLX is super clean from 17mph up. I would think the LSV would be no different. Only thing I can see compared to a VLX would be a wider wake with LSV because of beam width. Did you ride factory MLS and wedge without any extra weight for wakeboarding?

I bet the old ipod isn't new enough to work

I am using a old 30 gig iPod that is at least 7 years old. It works great through the RF system.

To the lake, go we must.