Sign in to follow this  
ebelizard

Does your dog board?

ebelizard

Took my little guy out yesterday for the second time, and as always he likes the water. Decided to try and get him up on the board....

photo-2copy.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

photo3copy.jpg

Pictures are a little hard to see because they were taken with an iPhone. He loved the wind in his face as you can see, as most dogs do when they stick their head out the car window.

DUKENO1

That's cool...my friend used to take his labs out on his jetski with him when they were little pups. When they got older he would have to make sure they were in the house or sneak away when going to the lake 'cause they would run down to the boat ramp and wait there all day until he came back. Those dogs loved the water.

SkiingPT
file://localhost/Users/ekpt/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2013/07/17/20130717-112032/IMG_0627.JPG

My dog weighs 115# and I am not able to hold him, but he does enjoy a good tube ride.

SkiingPT

Sorry, tried to attach a pic, but failed.

racer808

This weekend was the first time our pup has been on a boat, or at a lake for that matter. Wasn't sure how he would be around water but as soon as my daughter jumped in to board, he jumped right in after her. Can't wait to try boarding with him

Bill_AirJunky

Does this kind of boarding count?

Oh heck yea it counts!

billfrankie3.jpg

0803102006.jpg

ebelizard

Love taking the little guy out there. I have a 4 year old great dane, and I would take him but there's barely any room on my tiny Echelon for him to fit with people...

Wakesetter67

Yup...576196_10150997928567897_1832977850_n-1.

C28

Vince,

I like how both of you are posing for the camera

were was that shot taken at?

B

Wakesetter67

Vince,

I like how both of you are posing for the camera

were was that shot taken at?

B

Willamette river near wilsonville!

wakeboarder3780

I'm super jealous! So far she just watches from the boat :( I'm hoping to make a big enough surfboard for both of us this season.

IMG_0564-L.jpg

I still remember when we first got her. First day we got her she was out on the boat:

IMG_0808-X2.jpg

cowwboy

Was interesting getting up carying a 60lb boxer but once we were up she did great.

Chilling on the board is as much as the wife will let me try with her morkie. But he makes the best wingman for my single buddies.

post-15476-0-91141200-1399471026_thumb.j

post-15476-0-79888800-1399471062_thumb.j

rychuk

My pug surfs with me. Sits on the board like the wakesetters photo

thtrog

Awesome Thread! :thumbup:

Hammertime

Oh heck yea it counts!

billfrankie3.jpg

Love the hat Bill...

Hammertime

I'm super jealous! So far she just watches from the boat :( I'm hoping to make a big enough surfboard for both of us this season.

IMG_0564-L.jpg

I still remember when we first got her. First day we got her she was out on the boat:

IMG_0808-X2.jpg

Where do you get those booties for the dog, or whatever you call them?

wakeboarder3780

Local pet supply store will have them. I forget the actual name of them, i think we just call them booties / paw protectors. I don't think even our golden would actually damage the vinyl even if she started running around but on my dad's bayliner where the dog would jump in and out eventually got lots and lots of super fine hairline scratches in the gelcoat, so I just wanted to prevent that. Just a note: your dog will walk like a duck the first time they're on so get the video camera ready so you can capture it, it's hysterical. It will bother your dog the first couple times they wear them, they will try to bite them off, just tell them "no" and redirect their attention. After the first 2 times they won't even think about them. They'll just bum around the boat with them on like nothings going on. Some lucky pups up there!

Edited by wakeboarder3780

atthelake

IMG_0564-L.jpg

IMG_0808-X2.jpg

LOVE those slippers!!!! Great idea!!!

ahopkinsVTX

He doesn't do anything involving a board but he loves swimming and chasing his deflated basketball. Then he crashes.

post-23201-13998600383386_thumb.jpg

Edited by ahopkinsTXi