Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Auto wedge function

Could someone confirm how auto wedge is supposed to work. Yesterday I was towing my friend and he likes wedge two clicks up, I would manually do this on MTC but when he falls it shows it back to lowest setting and will not reengage to prior setting. I have auto wedge enabled on maliview. I was hoping auto wedge would adjust back to setting once gps cruise holds speed. Any ideas why this is not working?

The auto wedge will reengage if you set it three times to the same non-preset position. Otherwise you might want to set him up in a rider preset. At least mine goes to memory once it has been set to the same position at least three times. Not the most ideal, but it does work on mine. Good luck and have fun this summer.

Bit off topic but in regards to rider presets, do you loose those of you turn your Perko switch to off? I took the time to set and rename presets and I lost them. It might have cleared them when I took it to the dealer for warranty work. I haven't tried again since then.

You don't loose your presets when you turn batteries off.

Thanks. Will have to re set. They must have cleared the settings when they were searching for an intermittent problem I was having.

Exactly how does auto wedge work? Is it on for every situation once enabled or set individually for each preset. Still trying to figure all these new electronic toys on my 2012.

I thought it was designed to be used in a preset or when towing someone you adjust the wedge when they fall it goes back to lowest setting. Pull the rider up and it goes back to where you had it set. Mine is not doing this, I am having to manually adjust everytime I pull the rider up.

Edited by Fman
I thought it was designed to be used in a preset or when towing someone you adjust the wedge when they fall it goes back to lowest setting. Pull the rider up and it goes back to where you had it set. Mine is not doing this, I am having to manually adjust everytime I pull the rider up.

I think it might be your wedge Fman

I have the same set up and mine returns to last set point when rider falls even if I change setting during the ride.

It is a great feature hope you get it sorted.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only other thing I can suggest is a reset to factory settings.

WARNING we had to do this once due to our error (not the boats we were pushing buttons in excitement ) and lost every thing we had done presets ect so good idea to back up to your phone first.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a momentary hijack, but I confirmed my settings today since I updated firmware recently. There are two check boxes in the setting 'wedge' and 'auto-wedge'... both should be checked, correct?

This is a momentary hijack, but I confirmed my settings today since I updated firmware recently. There are two check boxes in the setting 'wedge' and 'auto-wedge'... both should be checked, correct?

Yes.

• 6 months later...

What I discovered was auto wedge only works with the rider presets. If you manually adjust on the MTC it will not reset back to setting after rider falls and is pulled up. In the preset mode it worked great.