Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wedge grease

smedman

I've been using my (non-power) wedge for about 3 months now - only compliant is that it is not always easy to deploy one handed while standing on the swim platform. It is hard to push in both knobs to get it to fall... it is actually easier to get back up...

Any ideas on a good type of grease to use - or would rubbing a common bar soap on the rods help?

I've been using my (non-power) wedge for about 3 months now - only compliant is that it is not always easy to deploy one handed while standing on the swim platform. It is hard to push in both knobs to get it to fall... it is actually easier to get back up...

Any ideas on a good type of grease to use - or would rubbing a common bar soap on the rods help?

I used a little white grease - seemed to do the trick.

Use white grease or lithium grease on the springs like addicted said; you will just have to re-apply every few weeks. If the wedge is hard to move up and down unbolt the wedge from the hinge points and just lightly sand the outside of each arm with some emery cloth.

Is the problem releasing the pins or moving the wedge once the pins are pressed? If the pivot is hanging up, just loosen the bolts a little. With mine there is a substantial change in effort depending on how tight the pivot bolts are torqued.

problem releasing the pins...possibly it's had a bump sometime & that pair of pins are slightly bent ?

thanks all for the replies.

moving it is not a prob...

it is getting the pins to release

Inspect the pins for any damage (bent, rough on the edges), if they look good, use some fine emery paper on the pin ends to polish them up a bit. I use some plumbing paper from Home Depot found by the gas torches in the tool area. Take a generous piece and buff them like a "Shoe Shine". That will knock just a little of the surface off and they should slide nice and easy.

Also, grease them as mentioned above.