Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Getting a new trailer delivered from Cali to Can.

302Zapper

I'm looking at buying a new trailer, possibly an Extreme. The problem is getting it to me in the Vancouver area of B.C.

I'm happy with the quote I got from Extreme at about $5200 for the trailer but getting it to Blaine Washington which is close to the boarder started at $2000.

Did some searching on the net a found an App/site called UShip that puts people together to get their goods moved from A to B. Have started getting some prices, currently down to $1200 + fees which makes it $1380. Got an offer today for $900 + but he needed to do the job this week and I still haven't got a trailer built.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get it here a little cheaper?

Or getting it closer to home and I'll drive down and get it further away from Vancouver Can./Blaine Wash.

Also any feedback on trailers would be a help. I've contacted Ryan, Extreme, Boatmate through a local Malibu Dealer, went to where they make Tuff Trailers and was really disappointed with their product.

Thanks Crew

Mike

Have seen the extreme trailers, I have a boatmate which came with the second hand boat.

Great design well finished with 6 bunks to support the malibu response & the dual axle trailer with hydraulic brakes on all 4 wheels

Have seen most with only 4 bunks & about a third of these with only on axle braked

2011 trailer.

Don't make the mistake of buying one that is not galvanised, the shortened life is not worth the saving.

My 2011 is rusting from inside the main rails. When you eyeball the top of the side rails down the length of the straight section, there is a 1-1.5" bow over the axle.

Have checked some boatmate galvanised trailers and this bow is roughly half what I have.

I have a Boatmate that I bought new directly from them at the factory. It was an odd purchase in that they typically don't sell directly to consumers, but in this case they had trailers built for a Centurian hull that was changed without Boatmate knowing. So, they were able to easily change the bunk angles to match my older model LSV. Their service was fantastic. And I've been very pleased with the trailer.

Give em a call.

I can only speak from my experience owning a Boatmate now.

Six bunks on a heavy duty tube frame, tandem axil, surge disk brakes on all four, Swing away tongue,

Led rail and running lights, ratchet tie downs and a heavy duty tongue dolly.

Best trailer I've owned out of all I've had over the years. Trailer's extremely well

and I find it quite easy to move around by hand in the garage. More then others.

mind you this may lean more to the tires I have.

I have had Ryan, Extreme and Boatmate. I really like the Boatmate the best and Ryan was a fantastic trailer as well. I would have rather had my 1994 Ryan trailer ( came with my Echelon) than my 2005 Extreme. There were no issues with the Extreme towing wise but loading the boat was a pain and it was rusting a lot quicker than any of the others. The Boatmate loaded the best.

I used U-ship and they were great. Driving 20hrs from California for around a $1000 seems pretty good to me - although if you were to find someone who is doing the trip anyways - they may do it for less - What are you doing to insure it - I guess you still have to get it through RIV at the border - pay your $200 and get it inspected at Canadian Tire? BTW - what happened to the old trailer? what are you doing to it.

The old trailer will be up for sale as soon as we get the new one, it's a single axle galvanized.

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up on the shipping quotes. The best quote I received was for $1350, including Uships fees.

That was more than I was hoping for so I decided to buy a Boatmate Trailer and it will be delivered to Vancouver. All of the boarder hassles taken care of and no miles put on the trailer getting it here. It won't say Malibu because it did not come new with the boat? WTF!

I'm sure I'll survive but it seems a little silly.

Did you order from a Malibu dealer here? That is odd you couldn't get the trailer with the Malibu laser cut into the steps.

If you haven't, I would call Boatmate and question them on this.

Malibu has an exclusive deal with Boat Mate, they make 1k on each trailer they sell with a new boat and boat mate can't sell a trailer with any malibu branding. I'm sorry but it's not worth 1k to get Malibu on the trailer when you can just add your own decals if necessary.