Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towing behind houseboat

mibarefooter

We usually just pull kids and whoever wants a run to and from our location. Mind as well get your money's worth leaving and going home from your spot! :-)

When we did the WOW last year we had 4 boats & 4 adults & 2 really little kids. No one wanted to drive alone. So we towed the ski boats & had a good time doin it.

We typically have 15-18 people in our group, kids age range from 11-20, it seems like we always have someone who wants to go... my policy is whoever wants to ride will never be turned down, so as soon as someone says I want to ride, there on the deck strapping up there board. You would think after seven days they would be wiped out, but the show continues until we hit the 5mph zone!

Wont have to worry about this in July this year, we are not going to Shasta :( hoping we can make it up there next year with some better water levels. Would have been year number seven for our group, oh well, hopefully we get some rain this winter!

Is the rumor true about the dripless shaft seals can burn up with the prop moving while towing and no water cooling it (because the motor is not running)? I was always afraid of this happening so we just drive the boats to our spot.

From the OEM: "For high-speed vessels it is required that a water supply be plumbed to the PSS for the purpose of cooling and lubricating the seal faces (i.e., at over approximately 12 knots of speed a vacuum is created in the stern tube and water is drawn away from the PSS resulting in a loss of cooling water that may cause the carbon to over heat). There are multiple sources of water for the supply."

So if you have the seal plumbed properly, there should be no problem.