Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis Cover

So for those that use the stock Axis cover...

Do you run the cord up to the tower instead of using the poles or in addition to it? I have never seen this before... its new to me.

ahopkins22LSV

Also, do you guys put the bow pole right on the seat or do you put something down first?

I take the center cushion out of our TXi for the bow pole. Is that an option for you? If not, I would put something down for sure, maybe one of those seat savers everyone buys for the rear seats or something to distribute the load so its not a point load.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

I use a frisbee under our bow pole. i just grabbed it out of the garage once we got our old boat that had a box pole. Works too good to not use it.

ahopkins22LSV

I have the windscreen under it now. I am not sure I even need the bow pole....

I tried this yesterday, it is very tight without the pole on my setup, I guess I could shower it with the hose to see if it will puddle up or not. I don't think it will though, which would be great as it is one less pole to put up.

Yeah, my front pole fell when I was covering it yesterday and I didn't feel like crawling under to fix it. You really can't tell that the pole isn't there. There is no way water will puddle there. I think I am going to stop using the poles all together. Much less hassle. Maybe down the road when the cover streches a bit I will use it, but for now, its fine without. Problem solved! Thanks guys!

When I got my boat it only dame with one pole and that is for the rear. I live in Washington and we get some rain here at times and I have never had the cover puddle at all.

I have only used the pole and have had no problems at all like that.

My boat also only came with one pole, for the rear. I used it yesterday because I knew some pretty big storms were rolling throught TN overnight. I woke up around 3am to a large thunderstorm dumping a LOT of water. This morning all I had on the cover was a lot of beads of water. No pooling. I will llikely use the pole all the time. Too quick to put it up rather than risk pooling and tearing your cover in my opinion. And that happened to me with by Malibu. Cover was a little "saggy" in the middle and one really big thunderstorm dumped a lot of water on it and ended up tearing the cover. If it comes with them boat, its probably for a reason.