Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DIY Gelcoat Repair

I have some gouges in my black Gelcoat I want to repair.

I have 2 questions....

Where do I buy the kit?

How do I make sure of the color match?

Thanks

I have an ebony hull that I did some minor work on and used the Spectrum kit and was happy with it. I am doing some board repair now and have been getting my hardner at Auto Zone. Any auto parts place will have it. Get the clear hardner for fiberglass resin.

I already checked there.

I have an '02 boat, they don't list that "vintage".

I sent Malibu my hull ID# and asked them what colors (true names) I had, then ordered the Spectrum from that.

• Like 2

I sent Malibu my hull ID# and asked them what colors (true names) I had, then ordered the Spectrum from that.

Thanks for the tip!

my question is , what do you use as hardener ? My Dealer WIzard Lake sent me some gel touch up but I need to mix in some hardener

It's called MEKP. Available at most marine supply stores, and some auto parts stores. It's the standard hardener for polyester based resins.