BillM22

what prop puller should I get

BillM22

I am still new to owning a DD. What prop puller will do the job and last?

oldjeep

I like the c clamp style acme puller. Bought it in a kit with bag for spare prop. I've used the harmonic style and didn't care for it since it doesn't do the job if the prop is really stuck.

Dare2goBare

Checkout Acme's Web Site.

http://www.acmemarine.com/

toolboat

I pulled my prop by heating it with a heat gun and rubber hammer. The bronze expands a lot faster than the Steele shaft. If I remember I only heated it about 25 degrees came off by hand.

martinarcher

I pull my prop every fall with my OJ puller and it works like a champ. Snug it up, tap the rear of the puller with a dead blow hammer and wait for the "clang" and off it comes.

Nitrousbird

I pull my prop every fall with my OJ puller and it works like a champ. Snug it up, tap the rear of the puller with a dead blow hammer and wait for the "clang" and off it comes.

You also have the older OJ puller......

robtr8

I am still new to owning a DD. What prop puller will do the job and last?

Acme Weekend Saver kit and yes, get an extra prop if you don't already have one.

eyekode

I have an OJ puller and can't recommend it because it is a little too short. Works fine and is well made but is about 1/2" shorter then really needed for my sportster.

Salem

BillM22

Thanks everyone for the input.

Bill

eyekode
I have an OJ puller and can't recommend it because it is a little too short. Works fine and is well made but is about 1/2" shorter then really needed for my sportster.

Salem

Let me qualify this statement: the puller has a nice end piece that is removable. If you remove it and use the nut to keep the thread centered it is long enough and I have used it twice successfully. I just wish I didn't have to remove the end.

Good luck!

Salem