Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Critique my wakeboard ballast setup (Axis A22)

ac88926

I posted this over on the Axis forum, but with it being a little slower than here, I figured I'd throw it up here too since we have some Axis folks around.

With my A22 coming in 7-10 days, I am going stir crazy thinking about everything but mostly my ballast setup. On top of the stock ballast (900lbs), We have the plug and play (400 per side in rear) and (950 arrow up front that will prob only fill to around 700ish) and I am planning on (150lbs) in lead under the front seat and another (150 lbs x 2) under each back corner seat.

That setup totals 2,850 not including what the wedge adds. With all this being said, possibly throwing a (400lb) on the bow and a (400lb or 750lb) on the floor for the days when its just me and one other guy. That would get me to 3,650-4000ish.

I dont want to use 750's or bigger in the lockers due to the space they take up when full. Plus Ive heard they wont fill to capacity in the lockers. A lot of the time it is just me and one other guy riding during the middle of the week and I dont want the wake to be off because one of the 750's has filled to capacity and the other is like 650, especially if it is the drivers side rear locker that is heavier. Does this make sense? Im probably overthinking this a bit, right???

As you can tell, I am pretty picky when it comes to my wake and I want it to be perfect. I had my VLX dialed in and this will be my first Axis.

Sounds like a great start. I have only ridden one A22 and it was a protype boat when Adam was with Axis. They had the rears with 750's on top of the stock and a 1000lb bow triangle on top of that. It was a big wake. I also think there was some lead scattered throughout the boat.

What engine / prop combo are you running. My only concern with running the kind of weight you are unless you have a pretty aggressive prop of the larger motor you may have some issues getting on plane.