Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any Ideas on how I could Stick My Soulcraft in a Rack?

Afun

you will ding it up. Do the pockets sewn into the bimini.

What a Payne in the rear....the construction is pretty solid and maybe with some bungees that aren't stiff....maybe

What a Payne in the rear....the construction is pretty solid and maybe with some bungees that aren't stiff....maybe

Bimini pockets fo sho! Cheaper / Safer

would worry about that banging around in the rack while underway. If you could find a way to rig up some traditional style surf board racks that might work as well.

Afun- folks are telling you racks will bang up that board... proceed with a rack option and watch what happens. You might get by a month or 2, but after a season you are garaunteed compression dings and marks. wind and wave action while underway will slam that board around in any rack and damage. if you get a tight fitting rack, you'll damage just pushing it in and out. The only way you are going to extend damage free life SOME in a rack like that will be to put that board in a good thick board bag then put it in that knee rack. You'll still likely get compression dings.

you have a couple options: pockets in the bimini, or on a seat or the floor. Or perhaps that new spiffy roof rack on WW that wont work with a bimini deployed.

Time to do research on freaking surf pockets and find some one to sew....Jeeze Loiuse

Or get a board that can handle the abuse of being on a boat. I've gone thru the same issues with paddleboards too. I can't believe surfers deal with this kind of thing all the time. It's ridiculous.

Or get a board that can handle the abuse of being on a boat. I've gone thru the same issues with paddleboards too. I can't believe surfers deal with this kind of thing all the time. It's ridiculous.

Have you been on a Soulcraft? ....if you have then you would probably go through the trouble

Have you been on a Soulcraft? ....if you have then you would probably go through the trouble

No, I'm not a wake surfer & probably wouldn't appreciate it. But I like I said, I've dealt with the old school construction methods used by the surf shapers & know how fragile the boards are. And knowing that I can get similar performance out of boards made in a way that they are tougher.... well, it's well worth it to me.

And based on your comments, I figured you might feel the same way. But maybe it's worth all the hassle to you.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

^^^^ all of it is a pain....even being a boat owner

Well, that's true to some degree. But lets face it, there are things you can do that will help reduce the problems.

I HAVE a Soulcraft. After 2 seasons of it getting dings and gouges and creases we had a pocket sewn into the bimini and the problem is solved....COMPLETELY.

I keep hearing about these soulcrafts but haven't had a chance to try one. What's so massively different?

The most overpriced and hardest to get wakesurf board on the market....but well worth it in performance. Hands down!

• Like 2

The most overpriced and hardest to get wakesurf board on the market....but well worth it in performance. Hands down!

LOL, you should see if Jeff will use this on his marketing materials!

LOL, you should see if Jeff will use this on his marketing materials!

What upsets me the most is they used to sell these locally. Now I am lucky if anyone will answer the phone at Soulcraft at all.

I keep hearing about these soulcrafts but haven't had a chance to try one. What's so massively different?

Well, it goes up the wave faster than anything I have been on. It goes down the wave even faster which gives you the speed to do nice long bottom turns. You will also notice when you go up the wave it wants lift off the lip of the wave. It's very loose, kind of like a skim, but the control of a surfboard with fins. When you drop back to the rear of the wave you could actually wiggle the board board forward without actually pumping it. Pumping it is a entirely different story. This thing gains tremendous speed with two short pumps. I hope this makes sense. It's hard to explain in words.

Kiwi...take a trip to TN!!

url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/70391703@N03/10970208833/"]10970208833_04471b2219_c.jpg

10970053266_40a5760f7f_c.jpg

10970142104_ac30d158b6_c.jpg

10970053736_d0ced17b30_c.jpg

10970139764_110aa6236c_c.jpg

10970140744_d9871a3beb_c.jpg

I have recently changed out the fins to some Black Stix F4 V2

Edited by Afun

Hold on people let's get real. When you go from selling a few boards a month to being THE board to have practically in one season there are bound to be some delays. Cut some slack eh?

Overpriced? Hardly. Worth every penny I spent. I must have owned 7 boards and was getting tired of experimenting and just wanted to ride until I got mine. An awesome 700 board is 50 times better than a 300 pos.

I don't put my soulcraft in a rack. It has a board bag and stays in that. There is hardly a ding on it and I thought it was actually pretty tough.

• Like 3

Hold on people let's get real. When you go from selling a few boards a month to being THE board to have practically in one season there are bound to be some delays. Cut some slack eh?

I read the comment in the sarcasm I think it was intended. Awesome board, you'll pay through the nose for it, you'll wait longer than you want for it, and in the end it'll be worth it.

And the prices aren't out of line with any of the other high end manufacturers.

• Like 2

Afun, you should see the new traction Jeff has - very nice - I will post a photo of the new board when its off the line should be by Friday Im told.

I had a demo Soulcraft Fangtail on my boat for about a month last season. I had HIGH expectations after reading so many positive reviews. While I could surf it just fine I felt I liked the Ronix Parks Thruster better... more stable side to side and even fastwr down the line than the Fangtail I had. I really wanted to love the Soulcraft but in the end I just didn't.

Maybe I'll try again this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk