Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaker wiring in back arch - Illusion X

Colorado Boat'n

I'm putting a hybrid system up on my '07 Malibu Illusion X tower. I have the 4 surf speakers mounted on the stock speaker locations using the X mount. I've drilled the back arched bar on the tower to mount the HLCDs with a tube clamp. I planned to run the wires up the observes tower leg and into the back arched bar directly into the mount as I assumed this is what others have done. Is this the way to do it? I'm running into blockages at both ends of the arch where it mates into the tower legs. Additionally I seem to have a blockage between the speakers where the rope mount is. Am I misunderstand how others have wired this up? Do I just need more persistence to get the wire into the leg and past the rope mount? Or do I need to run the wire out into the flat area of the tower housing the nav light?

Edited by Colorado Boat'n

It wont go past the rope mount. You will need to go to your port side via the front hoop. You're gonna need a decent 1/4" fish tape to get it done. It's tedious, but can be done. I have done a few. I also like to do it with the tower down so I can use a good flashlight and look up the inside of the tower leg to see where I am at or possibly what is obstructing the fish tape.

Start at the location of your hole on the hoop on the starboard side and push your fish tape through the hoop and all the way around the front swoop member and push your fish tape down the port side tower leg. Tape your wire very well and feed it back up through the tower with the fish tape. Then do you port side speaker and do the same. Start at the hole in the tower and push your tape in through the port side tower leg. Repeat and pull your wire back up to the hole.

It helps to have the stock speaker locations open and pull the litte black cups out so you can sight your fish tape through these holes also.

Good luck. IT IS POSSIBLE.

Great. Thank you. So there is access from the hoop into the leg though? I really don't want to drill the leg an hoop and run exposed wires if I don't have too.

Update: I found out I can get the through hoop to leg. Now just have to figure out how to get fish tape around the corner. As you said, patiences.

Edited by Colorado Boat'n