Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New member introduction

MalibuTX23

Howdy from Texas. I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been hanging around for a little while getting intel on Malibu, and jumped in and picked up a 2011 23 LSV recently. The family and I will use it mostly for getting the kids introduced to water sports and I love wakesurfing! (It's definitely easier on these old bones!) I love the forums and look forward to being a part of it! See ya at the lake!

Mark

• Like 4

You sound just like me. My boys have been playing baseball since they were 4 and now the 14 yo has stopped playing and the 20 to plays in college now so we have some free time this summer. We decided it was time after 18 years to get back on the lake and let the boys experience the fun times on the lake like I grew up with.

Where in Texas? Dfw area here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking boat. Similar colors as mine. I take delivery tomorrow and now I see yours I will have to get windows tinted. Be sure to check out the Texas AXBU get together in June. We are thinking about going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful boat.

Welcome to the Crew.

Where do you plan on going? I spent a good part of my summers, during high school and college, skiing and cruising around Canyon Lake. But, I ended up buying a small place on Lake LBJ in 2005, so that's where we've spent the past nine seasons. Still love Canyon, but with this drought, its been pretty nice being on a constant level lake.

I appreciate all the welcomes! We go to Canyon for day trips and typically rent a place on LBJ for a getaway. Srab, are you familiar with the "beach" in the Llano side of LBJ? If so, can you get an inboard up there? Pretty skinny water, and hull eating granite...so been a little nervous to go too far that way. But, nice to hang out there, if ya can get there in one piece!!!

Srab, are you familiar with the "beach" in the Llano side of LBJ? If so, can you get an inboard up there? Pretty skinny water, and hull eating granite...so been a little nervous to go too far that way. But, nice to hang out there, if ya can get there in one piece!!!

Nope, never been past the RR2900 bridge going up the Llano. I slip my boat way down at LBJ Yacht Club, a stone's throw from Wirtz dam, so I spend most of my time in the HSB area. When I do venture up to Kingsland, I almost always head up the Colorado.

There are a couple of other "beaches" I've stopped at, one just north of the light house on the main body of the lake, and the other, and much more popular one, on Sandy Creek.

Good place to hang out back in Sandy, and no granite, but you've still got to steer close to the south and east edges as you head back there. The middle of Sandy Creek has a shallow, silty bottom. Even with the deeper track that I take to get back there, my depth gauge pings less than 3-4 feet sometimes. Still, I've never so much as kissed the bottom.

I go with an Anchor Buddy and Shore Spike, but, astoundingly, a lot of folks have no problem at all just flat out beaching their boats there.