Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2001 response lx lcd dash display problem

The dash display unit has developed black lines to the point where I can't read the info. Is this fixable or do I need to replace the unit? If so where can i

find one and can I handle the job or should I get a marina to do it. Thank you for your thoughts!

The dash display unit has developed black lines to the point where I can't read the info. Is this fixable or do I need to replace the unit? If so where can i

find one and can I handle the job or should I get a marina to do it. Thank you for your thoughts!

Are you talking about the unit shown below?IMG_7143_zpsbf09c3fb.jpgIf so then you may be out of luck fixing it. Mine did the same thing where most of the lines were illegible. I ended up replacing it with an analog gauge from Bakes but in doing so I lost my depth/temp readings. I called the vendor (in Michigan as I recall) and they couldn't offer me anything as far as LCD replacement goes. Not sure if you have speed control on your boat and will lose this functionality also with this. I had a Stargazer unit separate from this so I lucked out. The ONLY thing you may be able to do is see if you have a local computer and/or electronics repair shop take a look at it. They may be able to replace the LCD or see if there's a short in the board somewhere causing this. Good luck.

CAP305,

how to you read the temp/depth in that module? I just picked my boat up and it has that LCD screen setup but can't figure out how to access that function. I am pretty sure I have the depth/temp function as i saw the black through hull housing/fitting down in the engine compartment along with the air sensor under the dash.

Thanks,

I think there was a page thru menu on that where you could get to the depth/temp if you had a transducer installed. My LCD was basically garbage when I bought it so I didn't play around with it too much but I seem to recall being able to page/arrow to the depth when I did the water test.

CAP305,

how to you read the temp/depth in that module? I just picked my boat up and it has that LCD screen setup but can't figure out how to access that function. I am pretty sure I have the depth/temp function as i saw the black through hull housing/fitting down in the engine compartment along with the air sensor under the dash.

Thanks,

I have the manual at home. I'll try to get to it tonight and scan the page regarding this.