Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine Troubleshooting and Maintenance

Toronto Boater

Can anybody reccommend a basic manual or video(s) for engine troubleshooting and maintenance for an Indmar Monsoon inboard engine?

No question in particular right now, I just wanted to have something I could read to learn more about the engine and be in a position to trouble shoot if something goes wrong, and perhaps to do some basic maintenance. I am not a mechanic and have very little experience in this area, so something basic is a must.

• Like 1

@Toronto Boater: The engine manual posted above is a great start. You can get a lot of information surfing this site, or just a basic web search. All of the engines regardless of marinizer will need basically the same maintenance for engine, trans, coupler, cables, impeller, belts, etc.

I agree with BlastRlxi and Woodski. Get that book, no question. It's a great resource with good troubleshooting advice. That and the always helpful crew should be all you need unless you have a catastrophic event. Fortunately for you, with regular recommended maintenance, your engine should last for many, many years. You've got a great power plant that's virtually bulletproof.

Also, never underestimate the search function here on TMC. You'll soon find the wealth of knowledge and experience helpful.

ok thanks - I have ordered the book. Will post here as well if I have an issue, but I plan to do all the preventative maintenance.

:thumbup::werule: Enjoy.

Agreed! The Crew have been so helpful in the search and purchase of my first Malibu. Glad to be on board.