Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Covered vs. Uncovered Slip?

codyfunk

In ST. Louis here the summer heat is actually brutal! On our lake we can have lifts in the public slips, so many have canopies. I tried saving money and skimping on the canopy and bought an Evolution cover. Cory and his covers are fantastic but it wasn't working for me. It's fantastic to have the boat covered and not have to hassel with the the cover. Also,, If you want/need complete shade you need to add skirts around the perimeter of the cover to shade the sides. That costs more and is harder to handle. The boat will be scorching HOT when you uncover it.

So,,, I bought a canopy. I LOVE IT! We are close to the boat and I use it a few times a week. When I know We will use it for a few days in a row, I hoist it up and dry the boat and walk away. I travel for a living so when I leave for a few days, I have a light weight Walmart cover I throw over for dust, pollen, and spider control. For $4-$5 per bottle, I put bug spray like you would put around the perimeter of your house all over the lift legs and inside of the canopy. Spiders stay away for a month or so. I suggest that if you do the covered slip!

If you can afford it,,,, go covered!

Woodshed

• 3 weeks later...

Got a smoking deal on the lake in downtown Coeur d' Alene at 11th street marina. Fully covered and not that stupid transparent tarp stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1