Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best weather site for wind predictions

moto96s

I am sitting in my living room and it is pouring outside.

Hope all our members out there are making out OK with the severe weather in areas.

I am dreaming/planning for the weekend and wonder what site folks find most dependable for wind prediction and details, a day or two before they go out.

I usually use intellicast as I can get details on the hourly forecast up to two days in advance, and the big regional wind predictions 24 hours out. Most times they are pretty accurate, but once in a while they miss the mark.

Does anyone out there have a site they believe is totally accurate on a local level for wind predictions?

Thanks

windalert and ikitesurf. Owned by same company. ikitesurf has a good map to interact. the most popular windspots are member only. but you can get an idea.

wunderground.com

most accurate weather predictor beside NOAA

I like the fact wunderground shows the exact location of the weather station and allows you to select a different one, if more appropriate.

• Like 2

Wunderground...by far the best I've run across!! And like John points out - you can choose different locations, to get a better idea of your lake area! Plus the spelliing of WUNDER always makes the Jr High kid in me laugh!