Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to me 2007 LSV - Ballast Question

Jdubb16

Guys,

I have agreed to buy a 2007 LSV from a friend. He currently has a fat sac under the the port side seat full length and in teh rear locker on the drivers side. These are not plumbed, he uses a handheld pump.

How difficult (if it is possibly) is it to plumb it to the OEM system so when i hit the fill switch, these get filled as well. Is this the way to do it or is there another way to do it? This is my first inboard, so this stuff is new to me.

Thanks,

Jdubb

You can do it but you will have two problems which will be more of a pain than using the handheld pump. First is the OEM pump will be slow to fill all that. I currently have a 450 on top of the stock 250 and that takes 10+ minutes. Second will be water being pushed out the drain hose of the hard tank and starting a siphon. I have installed ball valves, which took me one step forward and one step back to having an automated piggyback system.

Open to suggestions, but since I had to upgrade the lift motor and add two piles to the boat house, I am not sure what the budget will be. I also need to get used to an inboard, I and coming from a I/O

Jdubb

Edited by Jdubb16

You're going to want a bimini first off if you haven't got one already.

Then my next suggestion for the ballast would be 2 Johnson pumps and associated fittings so you can fill and drain the port/starboard sacks separately. Bang some thru hull fittings for the pump fill, and a drain/vent. Wire everything up to a couple of these stock switches.

Have you got a good stereo? :innocent:

Open to suggestions, but since I had to upgrade the lift motor and add two piles to the boat house, I am not sure what the budget will be. I also need to get used to an inboard, I and coming from a I/O

Jdubb

You're going to want a bimini first off if you haven't got one already.

Then my next suggestion for the ballast would be 2 Johnson pumps and associated fittings so you can fill and drain the port/starboard sacks separately. Bang some thru hull fittings for the pump fill, and a drain/vent. Wire everything up to a couple of these stock switches.

Have you got a good stereo? :innocent:

See why I asked, some of us can get expensive quick :biggrin: I was going to suggest a $15 vinyl cover to cover the Northern Tool spare tire and a 2-3 drop hitch, looks like it's riding way high in the front.

It has a bimini, it is off as the picture was taken when the detailer was finished. I will get a cover for the tire for UV protection, but I dont trailer the boat much. It ishooked to his boat, got the 3" drop for our Sequioa.

Stereo is good for now, I will eventually replace some of the speakers, but we have been on it a few times and it is more than enough for us now.

i will look into the hard piping the sac, maybe a project for the next off season.

As much work as we have done on the lake house and boat house mods this spring, i want a relaxing season of fun with minimal work while we are down there. Itwill be fun to just learn the ins and outs of this boat.

Thanks

you could pull off those stickers for free, unless your a big fan of them.. I personally don't like them and pulled them off mine, but its your boat. Enjoy!

jcon44 - I have though of that. Since you have the same boat can you do me a favor when you go out there. I am trying to check boat house clearance. Is there anyway you could measure from teh waterline (with no one in the boat or ballast filled) to the top of the tower (top of light actually). I need to chek this weekend and see if I need to make any mods to teh boat house to get clearance.

Any info would be awesome.

Thanks

Jdubb

jcon44 - I have though of that. Since you have the same boat can you do me a favor when you go out there. I am trying to check boat house clearance. Is there anyway you could measure from teh waterline (with no one in the boat or ballast filled) to the top of the tower (top of light actually). I need to chek this weekend and see if I need to make any mods to teh boat house to get clearance.

Any info would be awesome.

Thanks

Jdubb

yup, i will do my best to remember to get that done.