Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RPM's

drtortho

Just completed my breakin 06 LSV 8.1 at about 4000 ft alt . Noted that with 10 people, one rear tank that would not drain (going to the dealer for a fix on this one) I was topping at about 47 MPH and 4900-5100 RPM . RPM seems high. Should I be concerned or does the 8.1 just run RPM faster at that point. It appeared that at slower speeds the RPMs were closer to or below the speedo. Love some input before I blow something UP!!!!!

Just completed my breakin 06 LSV 8.1 at about 4000 ft alt . Noted that with 10 people, one rear tank that would not drain (going to the dealer for a fix on this one) I was topping at about 47 MPH and 4900-5100 RPM . RPM seems high. Should I be concerned or does the 8.1 just run RPM faster at that point. It appeared that at slower speeds the RPMs were closer to or below the speedo. Love some input before I blow something UP!!!!!

Have you calibrated your speedo to a GPS? That would be a good place to start.

If anything, that sounds just a bit low. If your rev limiter is 5400, then propped correctly it should be very close to that at WOT. With your elevation, that's causing it to drop the rpms. You may want to consider a smaller prop, at least if you feel underpowered at all. 5k is nothing for that engine to turn.

Have you calibrated your speedo to a GPS? That would be a good place to start.

I haven't GPS it yet.......will check that. Thanx

Indmar says max is 5400. I'd say you're good. Why would say that the RPMs seem high?

It just seemed high based on my previous LXI..........Sounded like it was screamin' a bit also. Did not see anywhere in the manuel about the 5400 rev limit. Nice to know. Thanx

47mph Crazy.gif

10 people in the boat and 1 balast full...........I thot that was not to bad.

I think what SRR is trying to say is that your speedo is a bit optimistic. Sounds like a great ride though.

Edited by DNA'er

47mph Crazy.gif

10 people in the boat and 1 balast full...........I thot that was not to bad.

I think what SRR is trying to say is that your speedo is a bit optimistic. Sounds like a great ride though.

Hey............ we just completed the hours and and decided it was time to romp it! Of course it was flat and we were going DOWN the lake to the dock..............LOL!