Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge stuck in full down position

G-Pac

I hope I am not speaking out of turn here, but I did receive a message from another TMC member over the weekend that was having problems with their PW. I provided all of the info I could on this fix, but have not yet heard back from them on whether or not the issue was resolved.

I am hoping they will chime in themselves to elaborate.

G-Pac

Actually, that other member was me :) My wedge is stuck in the up position. It worked the prior weekend perfectly Dontknow.gif happened.

G- I looked real quick and did not see an inline fuse holder. Alot of my stereo wiring is running right there as well so it could be tucked in there somewhere. Anyway, we were under a time crunch so I didn't have the time to spend on it.

I will look for it on Saturday. I will also get some mini blade fuses just in case.

Thanks again for your help.

Mini blade fuse? Are you sure Stewart? Not regular ATC/ATO size?

George was thinking mini. Since I haven't seen it yet, I Dontknow.gif

Sorry for the confusion on this. The fuse looked to be small to me, but I do not know if it is a "mini" or not. I also do not have my boat at present to either read the label for the spares now in my glovebox, or a measurement of the actual fuse.

Just a guess here, but I would say it was approximately 3/4 of an inch wide and about a 1/2 inch tall. This is based on my memory of the fuse from 2 weeks ago when I pulled it out and replaced it. Since this fuse is a common type found at our local Boaters World, I am guessing it is a standard fuse and not a mini.

I would recommend you confirm with your dealer or the Malibu factory that built your boat to be sure. I wish I had a more concrete response for you. I am also not very savvy when it comes to engine issues, in case you could not figure that out from my posting on this.

G-Pac

it was approximately 3/4 of an inch wide and about a 1/2 inch tall.

That's standard ATC/ATO size. The most common size.

Right now there are 4 different sized blade fuses and I don't even want to talk about the "european" tube fuses and glass fuses.

Sorry for the confusion on this. The fuse looked to be small to me, but I do not know if it is a "mini" or not. I also do not have my boat at present to either read the label for the spares now in my glovebox, or a measurement of the actual fuse.

Just a guess here, but I would say it was approximately 3/4 of an inch wide and about a 1/2 inch tall. This is based on my memory of the fuse from 2 weeks ago when I pulled it out and replaced it. Since this fuse is a common type found at our local Boaters World, I am guessing it is a standard fuse and not a mini.

I would recommend you confirm with your dealer or the Malibu factory that built your boat to be sure. I wish I had a more concrete response for you. I am also not very savvy when it comes to engine issues, in case you could not figure that out from my posting on this.

G-Pac

Cool I have some of those. I'll call the factory and see if they place the fuse holder in approx the same place.

• 2 weeks later...

G-Pac

Cool I have some of those. I'll call the factory and see if they place the fuse holder in approx the same place.

Sorry for the revival, but I was wondering how you resolved this. Just curious.

G-Pac

I found the fuse. Pulled it, it was o.k., put it back in, and it worked. Crazy.gif

BTW, here is a pic of the fuse location monted under the dash. It take a normal size blade fuse 30 amp (green).

Thanks for your help G-Pac.

post-28-1149042052_thumb.jpg

G-Pac

I found the fuse. Pulled it, it was o.k., put it back in, and it worked. Crazy.gif

BTW, here is a pic of the fuse location monted under the dash. It take a normal size blade fuse 30 amp (green).

Thanks for your help G-Pac.

Glad to hear that it works Stewart, but a little strange that your fuse was not blown and worked just fine after putting it back it. Good to have a spare or two on the boat these days just in case.