Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Indoor/outdoor carpet pics

smooth as glass

New carpet looks good, feels good. Easy to clean, doesn't show stains. Just hope it lasts.

Can't really tell from your SMALL pics....but it appears to be a cut and loop indoor outdoor....and i am guessing it has a more plastic feel and less of a soft carpet feel...

Am I correct?

if so, it is most likely made out of Polypropylene and as such is a solution dyed product that CAN NOT STAIN as the color is IN the fiber and not ON the fiber....anything that could appear to be a stain would merely be on top of the carpet and not in the carpet... pure bleach can be put on polypropylene and not change the color....Polypropylene has a low melting point, so be careful dragging anything heavy or pointed (such as a boom or slalom fin) across it as it will melt easily....

Did you buy the carpet at a Home Depot or Lowe's or someplace like that?

Also, if it is a LOOP pile and not a CUT pile, and if it has a standard carpet back on it and not a Latex glued back, it WILL RUN if you snag it....

Cut Pile only looses a TUFT of carpet when snagged, whereas a Loop looses the ENTIRE row....Unless it is constructed with a Needle-bond, and as such CAN NOT RUN AT ALL from a snag...

Edited by JB-FOOT

It is plastic or polyproplene I assume. And Lowes. And Loop. I didn't like the cut. Snag and run is a possible concern. I'll let you know. Good to know on melting point. Thanks.

That is what i thought, if you look close, I think you will see that it is both Cut and Loop with more of it being looped and just a little of it cut....all (at least 99%) indoor/outdoor carpet is made of Polypropylene and it can be soft or hard, but it is always polypropylene, and then they also add in a UV inhibitor to give it a sun fade and UV degredation warranty