smooth as glass

New Indoor/outdoor carpet pics

smooth as glass

New carpet looks good, feels good. Easy to clean, doesn't show stains. Just hope it lasts.

post-155-0-50952500-1398819160_thumb.jpg

post-155-0-33868400-1398819189_thumb.jpg

Bozboat

Wow, that looks great :thumbup:

Asmodeus2112

That looks very nice. I like your interior as well. Got any more shots of it?

JB-FOOT

New carpet looks good, feels good. Easy to clean, doesn't show stains. Just hope it lasts.

Can't really tell from your SMALL pics....but it appears to be a cut and loop indoor outdoor....and i am guessing it has a more plastic feel and less of a soft carpet feel...

Am I correct?

if so, it is most likely made out of Polypropylene and as such is a solution dyed product that CAN NOT STAIN as the color is IN the fiber and not ON the fiber....anything that could appear to be a stain would merely be on top of the carpet and not in the carpet... pure bleach can be put on polypropylene and not change the color....Polypropylene has a low melting point, so be careful dragging anything heavy or pointed (such as a boom or slalom fin) across it as it will melt easily....

Did you buy the carpet at a Home Depot or Lowe's or someplace like that?

Also, if it is a LOOP pile and not a CUT pile, and if it has a standard carpet back on it and not a Latex glued back, it WILL RUN if you snag it....

Cut Pile only looses a TUFT of carpet when snagged, whereas a Loop looses the ENTIRE row....Unless it is constructed with a Needle-bond, and as such CAN NOT RUN AT ALL from a snag...

Edited by JB-FOOT

smooth as glass

It is plastic or polyproplene I assume. And Lowes. And Loop. I didn't like the cut. Snag and run is a possible concern. I'll let you know. Good to know on melting point. Thanks.

JB-FOOT

That is what i thought, if you look close, I think you will see that it is both Cut and Loop with more of it being looped and just a little of it cut....all (at least 99%) indoor/outdoor carpet is made of Polypropylene and it can be soft or hard, but it is always polypropylene, and then they also add in a UV inhibitor to give it a sun fade and UV degredation warranty