Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Screws not countersunk in a 09 LSV. Spider cracks!

rychuk

Just bought a 09 23 LSV with 370 hrs on it. It was about to be shipped this week but they had another 09 LSV come in with higher hours and a ton of spider cracks in the gel.

They checked the screws and none of them were countersunk. So luckily they decided to check mine before sending it out and none of those screws were counter sunk either. So now my boat is in pieces, windshield and tower off etc... They are redoing all of the screws and some of the gelcoat where there were some small cracks.

I am really glad that this was caught before they sent my boat across the continent.

Anything else that they should be checking while it is torn apart?

Thanks,

Ryan

I've said it several times on here, if you remove your windshield, chamfer the screw holes while it's off, takes about 10-15 minutes. I looked at several bu's last summer that were riddled with spider cracks (but looked great in pics on the internet). Any holes through the gel should be chamfered. I remember seeing alot of spider cracks coming out of the rubrail as well, I'm not taking my rubrail off but it's pretty sad it's not done properly at malibu.

Yep. Got the windows tinted @ 35% decals will be off asap and subs installed. Same color scheme as my VLX and I love the way it looks on the water.

Yep. Got the windows tinted @ 35% decals will be off asap and subs installed. Same color scheme as my VLX and I love the way it looks on the water.

That's awesome, I love the colour scheme!! Sadly that would burn my face, hands and butt off down here.

yeah it is hot for sure. Believe it not the average temp for us up here in the Okanagan July thru Sept is around 32C or 90F up to 40c or 104F max. Water temp is around 24C midsummer normally.

Yeah I have a place in Kelowna as well as Dallas. In fact I just got a nice sunburn this weekend playing at Predator Ridge. The okanagan beats texas every time for scenery, but not for season length!

• 2 weeks later...

Big ups to Andy at Chessie Marine. They have over 80 hours into the screw issue and gel coat repair. It is frustrating waiting this long for the new toy but it will be like new once it gets up here.

I hope they get Malibu to pitch in on the cost of repairs.

yeah, he is awesome. Sounds like it is difficult to get malibu to play nice since they went public. This is the 3rd 09 LSV they have found like this.