Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Galvanized Trailers

jgouveia3

I need a new trailer, mine has basically cracked in half from the salt water/air corroision Mad.gif .

It was a very cheap trailer to start with (from the now defunct Elete trailer company). I rinsed and washed it religiously, but the salt air environment killed it.

Just wondering if other BU owners have a galvanized ski boat trailer, and what brand they have. I don't need anything fancy, it does 2 trips a year, once to storage, once from storage.

thanks,

John

John,

I have a painted galvanized trailer from Boat Mate Trailers.

JZ

I have a trailer from Boat Mate as well. The dealer is located in Chesapeake, Va, and we bought a trailer from a 05' boat that they had. So the trailer is last years model. We do the same thing (trailer to and from storage, that's it) so we didn't want to spend money on a fancy trailer. But I know that this trailer has been sitting in a salty air environment for a year and there is no rust.

I'd still go through the routine that you go through (washing the trailer) after you launch the boat, but these guys use these trialers for all of their boats, and other than Malibu, all of their boats are ocean fishing boats.

John,

I have a good friend, who is a salesman for Majic Tilt. They are supplying our local Malibu Dealer with all aluminum welded trailers, for those who don't want a Boat Mate trailer. He just delivered a 247 to the factory in Clearwater FL. to build a new trailer. When it's done I'm supposed to get pictures, so I can post for everyone to see.

John

Or ya can go with a pacific tandem... I actually don't care for galvanized considering i'm always in a lake.. But here's a pic for the look

boat_006.sized.jpg

Or ya can go with a pacific tandem... I actually don't care for galvanized considering i'm always in a lake.. But here's a pic for the look

boat_006.sized.jpg

any idea of the cost for this? look is fine for me, since the only time the boat is on the trailer, it is in a storage shed.

thanks

John,

JZ

I have a trailer from Boat Mate as well. The dealer is located in Chesapeake, Va, and we bought a trailer from a 05' boat that they had. So the trailer is last years model. We do the same thing (trailer to and from storage, that's it) so we didn't want to spend money on a fancy trailer. But I know that this trailer has been sitting in a salty air environment for a year and there is no rust.

I'd still go through the routine that you go through (washing the trailer) after you launch the boat, but these guys use these trialers for all of their boats, and other than Malibu, all of their boats are ocean fishing boats.

what dealer? i would be interested in contacting them to see if they have something to fit my boat.

thanks

John,

JZ

what dealer? i would be interested in contacting them to see if they have something to fit my boat.

thanks

Cutting Edge Watersports. It's in Chesapeake, Va

http://www.cuttingedgewatersports.com/

any idea of the cost for this? look is fine for me, since the only time the boat is on the trailer, it is in a storage shed.

thanks

not sure, bought the boat and trailer used... here's their website so maybe you can contact them.