Gabrielwakesetter

vinyl repair and purchase

Gabrielwakesetter

Hi guys,

My wakesetter is close to the 2.000 hours mark. It is actually 1890...(yes as I usually say, almost two thousand hours of pure FUN!!!)

And I need to change the vinyl. Since, I'm not in the US but I travel every now and then. I thought it will be best to just buy the vinyl and have someone here doing the work for me. However, it was pointed out to me that you guys might know someone that can do the skins and other parts and do not charge as much?? or does anyone know what type of vinyl do I need to buy? where?

Any help will be appreciated!!!!!! Thank you in advance, G

Andrew63

Chee.

Send him your HIN number and what you require, be patient, and he will send pricing.

You will receive skins identical to factory originals in material, colour & texture ready to have your local upholster install.

Reasonably priced

BlastRlxi

Chee.

Send him your HIN number and what you require, be patient, and he will send pricing.

You will receive skins identical to factory originals in material, colour & texture ready to have your local upholster install.

Reasonably priced

Yup. Do a search for Chee on here and you should be able to find his contact info. He is the best choice if you want to go back in with the same pattern/colors as original. If you want to change to a different look, you could also price out an upholsterer that is local to you.

05hammerhead

I just did a few seats and it turned out perfect. I did the install myself and it was also fairly easy and straightforward.

John I.

Shouldn't skins for a 2010 still be available directly from Malibu?

Andrew63

Shouldn't skins for a 2010 still be available directly from Malibu?

You would expect they would being only 4 years old.

Had me thinking 2000 hrs on a 4 year old boat, suppose it is only 10 hours every week.

Lucky bugger :)

dfarhood

I'm pretty sure I've read on here a couple of times the factory will make new skins going back 7 model years, so that would be the way to go.

That is 10 hours a week year round :notworthy: I don't know if the climate where you live allows for that, or if you actually use the boat a lot more than that in the summer, but I wish I could wear out the Vinyl on my boat that fast :biggrin:

Gabrielwakesetter

Thank you guys!!! Yes, I use it year round...Buenos Aires gets very cold in winter but drysuits let me do it year round...the problem is that it takes 1.5 hours to get the the wakeboarding place driving the boat...so, hours add up very fast!!!! But yes, I'm lucky jajajajajajaj. Plus I"m the only one with a Bu so I pull all my friends...;)

I think I contacted Chee, I hope he gets me a good price. Otherwise I understand that Malibu's prices are very steep!! and to get them here plus paying custom taxes makes it even more sour...I rather spend more money on gas!!!!!!

IF I have to buy the vinyl myself, do you guys recommend any place??

Thank you again, G

Nitrousbird

I don't believe Chee can do skins that new. He basically starts making them after the Malibu cut off time (either 5 or 7 years).

Gabrielwakesetter

Is there any other recommendation? any place I can buy the vinyl myself ??

Gabrielwakesetter

Found Chee....problem solved. Thank you guys!