Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prosport20 AC Inlet ?

BuNewb

Brain buster for me, easy for anyone that knows anything about electrical. The prosport 20 onboard charger is 20 amps. Do I buy a 125v 15amp inlet or a 125v 20amp inlet. Looks like a regular extension cord will plug into the 20amp 125v. More info: https://www.frentzandsons.com/Hardware%20References/plugandreceptacleconfiguratio.htm

Considering the Marinco hardwired option, but open to others.

Thanks

BuNewb,

The input AC amperage does not correlate to the output DC amperage. So any 15 amp AC breaker, circuit, or extension cord is more than adequate.

The Marinco 150BBI inverted inlet is perfect. Just add a wire link so you don't have to cut the charger cable.

BuNewb,

The input AC amperage does not correlate to the output DC amperage. So any 15 amp AC breaker, circuit, or extension cord is more than adequate.

The Marinco 150BBI inverted inlet is perfect. Just add a wire link so you don't have to cut the charger cable.

David - you mean just cut the end of an extension cord and wire that to the inlet?

Wanting to do this on my 2012 VLX. Bought a new Promarine charger myself and will be installing soon. Any suggestions as to where this plug (Marinco 150BBI inverted inlet) can be mounted? Have not had a chance to look at boat yet for location.

dalt1,

My preference is this. I don't like the appearance of the AC inlet on the outside of the boat. However, once the battery switch is turned off when the boat is placed on the trailer and the boat is covered, I'd rather not crawl through the boat again. If you place the inlet under the rear storage compartment hatch (just to each side of the engine) you can stand on the trailer, lift the corner of the cover, lift the hatch and plug in the AC cord without ever getting in the boat. There are often similar opportunities recessed in the interior side coaming pockets. Just stand on the trailer and reach in. If you want to get particular, you can plan to place the inlet on the side of the boat closet to the garage or storage outlet.

Thanks David. Never thought about mounting away from the battery compartment but that is actually a great idea for mine. My most convenient garage outlet is going to be near the rear of my boat. I will just make a extension to run from charger to rear of boat and plug it to the new outlet and install it somewhere like you suggested.

On my RLXi, I cut a hole in the cup holder that sits in the bow on the port side. It sits almost directly over where I mounted the charger. Works pretty well.

On my RLXi, I cut a hole in the cup holder that sits in the bow on the port side. It sits almost directly over where I mounted the charger. Works pretty well.

So the outlet faces straight up in the bottom of the cup holder? Doesn't that have the possibility of collecting water in the socket?

I'm thinking of mounting mine into the plastic "pocket" that holds the passenger side speaker in the walkthrough.