Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cushioned ball mount?

Kalamazoo

Looks interesting...curious if anyone has used one as well...

here is a link

http://www.etrailer.com/Ball-Mounts/Convert-A-Ball/AMSC2.html

may have to give one a try...some glowing reviews here:

http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/520121/convert-a-ball-cushioned-ball-mounts-reviews/reviews.htm

Edited by DUKENO1

Wear on the towing hitch outer sleeve?

Not an east part to replace when worn.

Otherwise, like the concept to reduce those highway surge bumps

• Like 1

I have one and some surge brakes don't like them. On my boatmate trailer it was fantastic, my eagle trailer has an integrated damper (tiedown brand surge brakes I think) and it messed with the function of the surge brakes. Basically I heard a knocking sound like the trailer breakes were low on fluid but they weren't.

I noticed the paint on the hitch and reciever wore off from it moving back and forth but the steel was fine. This was after 5 years of towing 20 miles each way just about every summer weekend.

I have one and some surge brakes don't like them. On my boatmate trailer it was fantastic, my eagle trailer has an integrated damper (tiedown brand surge brakes I think) and it messed with the function of the surge brakes. Basically I heard a knocking sound like the trailer breakes were low on fluid but they weren't.

I noticed the paint on the hitch and reciever wore off from it moving back and forth but the steel was fine. This was after 5 years of towing 20 miles each way just about every summer weekend.

How much does it move with your tow truck and boat?

• 2 weeks later...

I bet it makes the starts and stops smoother for sure. I always get a tug when starting.

If you will Slow down faster when you first start to brake and ease off the brakes as your coming to a stop it will take a lot of that tuggin away. you almost have to drive as to make sure you are still pulling the trailer when coming to a stop instead of having the trailer pushing against the vechicle trying to stop itself.

I've used one the past 10+ years. Eliminates all or almost all of that "clunk" you feel on starts and stops when towing. Definitely makes accelerating and stopping the tow vehicle much smoother. I'd put this up there like owning a box anchor as one of the best inexpensive things to make your boating more enjoyable.

Edited by AJWest

I wonder what effect it would have with the trailer surge breaks? Good or Bad??

You won't feel any difference. Awesome investment to add one of these to your tow vehicle

• Like 1

Used my new one this weekend. Made some noise at first but became silent after about 10 stop/starts. I like it a lot, works as advertised.

what ratings are the one you decided on? 1K or 2K TW? (10K or 18K GVW)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...