Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Towing with no cover - seat cushion question

oldjeep

I have a truck. I don't pile crap in the boat

+1. Sometimes an occasional wakeboard, but I don't put anything in the boat. But growing up we ha a camper, so everything went in the boat, so I see both sides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We always tow with the windblock in. I have witnessed a seat fly out of a boat without the windblock. It landed on the road and destroyed the vinyl. If I am going any more than ten minutes the cover is installed and I never need to worry. The boat is always full of surfboards, wakeboards, skis, wakeskates, etc.

I have a truck. I don't pile crap in the boat

I have a truck too. But things grow legs if I leave them there unlocked. And I'm certainly not using any of that crap in the truck.

Plus some time ago we saw someone from this site who lost their engine cover. So I hope you have your safety pin in place when your towing.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

i just put the seat cushion un front of the drivers seat, or in the storage locker next to the engine, or in the bed of the truck with the cover on.

I tow with the windshield closed and latched, but never with the windscreen in. Seems like something else to create wind resistance.

I have a truck too. But things grow legs if I leave them there unlocked. And I'm certainly not using any of that crap in the truck.

Plus some time ago we saw someone from this site who lost their engine cover. So I hope you have your safety pin in place when your towing.

I've got a locking tonneau and tailgate but we don't bring a ton of stuff with anyways. Safety pin for engine cover? My covers have locks and latches, no pins.

I've got a locking tonneau and tailgate but we don't bring a ton of stuff with anyways. Safety pin for engine cover? My covers have locks and latches, no pins.

That must be something new on the newer boats. Only the side storage on mine have locking latches. The middle, engine cover has a pin that locks it down.... one that others rarely engage from what I gather.

I could never get all our gear in the back of the truck. And I certainly wouldn't want to be moving it back & forth between the truck & boat all the time. I load it once, secure it, then unload it at the end of the day.

That must be something new on the newer boats. Only the side storage on mine have locking latches. The middle, engine cover has a pin that locks it down.... one that others rarely engage from what I gather.

I could never get all our gear in the back of the truck. And I certainly wouldn't want to be moving it back & forth between the truck & boat all the time. I load it once, secure it, then unload it at the end of the day.

There are only 2 doors over the engine/storage compartment on my boat that meet in the middle, guess I've never seen one that had 2 doors and a panel.

Only boat gear we travel with in the truck is 2 wake boards and 2 slalom skis. Jackets, towels, small cooler, etc just go into the storage compartments.

post-22501-0-77648000-1398772708_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Finally took a few minutes to solve the problem. Last time we had the boat out, the stupid seat wanted to leave the boat when cruising on the water too. Pretty easy fix and it could be removed with no real indication it had ever been there. Little bit of stainless hardware and an old strap from a laptop bag. I'll stick these on the rear corner cushions as well.

post-22501-0-55099300-1403045455_thumb.j

post-22501-0-25730200-1403045456_thumb.j

Sure seems like it would be a PITA to work around. Maybe the hinges have quick release pins like the engine cover?

It's a lift-off type hinge, you just take out the corner seat and slide it sideways to remove.

Seems like a good permanent solution, wonder if how hard they are to get ahold of.

Edited by oldjeep