Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Big Air ICE tower, thoughts? or other options

maroon88iroc

Currently have an old '89 Malibu Euro F3 that has a older style fixed tower currently on it, it is in great shape and I have added all the things I want such as lights, stereo & rack onto the tower. My main problem with this tower is it is fixed & does not fold at all. If anyone has suggestions on a kit that would allow me to hinge this rack that would be awesome also.

Anyways I found this Brand: Big Air .. Model: ICE tower already in black powder coat for Right at $600 delivered. Anyone have any opinions of this tower? It looks a little too "swoopy" to me but I feel like once I get my racks and boards hung on there it will look much better. Link below to the tower.

http://www.wakeessentials.com/big-air-ice-wakeboard-towers-p/bat001.htm

Same Chinese tower-in-a-box you can buy with a few different names on it. You won't find a high quality tower at that price unless you score a used one.

Basically if you've never had a good tower you can read decent reviews from people like yourself (first tower so no comparison data) and it may end up being fine for your needs. If you have had a good tower in the past you will likely be unhappy with it very soon.

On here you will get recommendations for StarOne, a used Titan (same company old name), Samson, etc. that will all start at 2-3 times that price but will be custom fit to your boat (no shipping/breakdown joints to come loose) and likely never need to be upgraded.

Edit: If that is the hard budget I would look at the Joystick Pro Series instead. If I were ever to buy one I would likely weld the center section after fitting it properly, and use heim joints at the bases instead of the flat-lap things they send. Less to go wrong and should be doable. The other universal option would be Indy, but for the price you're pretty close to a custom fit tower so I'd go that route instead.

Edited by jk13

Same Chinese tower-in-a-box you can buy with a few different names on it. You won't find a high quality tower at that price unless you score a used one.

Basically if you've never had a good tower you can read decent reviews from people like yourself (first tower so no comparison data) and it may end up being fine for your needs. If you have had a good tower in the past you will likely be unhappy with it very soon.

On here you will get recommendations for StarOne, a used Titan (same company old name), Samson, etc. that will all start at 2-3 times that price but will be custom fit to your boat (no shipping/breakdown joints to come loose) and likely never need to be upgraded.

Edit: If that is the hard budget I would look at the Joystick Pro Series instead. If I were ever to buy one I would likely weld the center section after fitting it properly, and use heim joints at the bases instead of the flat-lap things they send. Less to go wrong and should be doable. The other universal option would be Indy, but for the price you're pretty close to a custom fit tower so I'd go that route instead.

This is an old boat that I am not interested in spending $1000 + for just a tower. Eventually within the next couple years I will possibly be upgrading the boat. Planning to leave the boat at our lakehouse this summer and need one that will fold so I can keep it covered.

I looked at the joystick, good recomendation. Maybe b/c I am looking at work but I did not see any pricing listed. I e-mailed them for pricing on the pro-series. Got an e-mail back and it is $800 delivered.

Can you elaborate on the heim joints you are speaking of?

Thanks

Edited by maroon88iroc