Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 LSV - Padding in passenger side compartment?

cwkoch

After working on my stereo install on my 2014 LSV this weekend, I'm not real impressed that there is not either a rubber mat or Seadek type padding on the floor inside the passenger side compartment. Does Malibu have offer a pad for this area as an "option", or does Seadek have a pattern for this yet? It's just bare gelcoat right now, leaving it vulnerable to scratches, plus things put in the compartment can slide around very easily....

After working on my stereo install on my 2014 LSV this weekend, I'm not real impressed that there is not either a rubber mat or Seadek type padding on the floor inside the passenger side compartment. Does Malibu have offer a pad for this area as an "option", or does Seadek have a pattern for this yet? It's just bare gelcoat right now, leaving it vulnerable to scratches, plus things put in the compartment can slide around very easily....

My 2012 VTX is like that, but has the textured floor like what is under my snap out carpeting. Been trying to figure out something to put down there to keep everything from sliding around as well. I ordered a sample of that Dino Grip stuff, but it really didn't offer much traction.

I too am working on the stereo install and was thinking the same thing. I was planning on looking into what it would take todevelop a pattern if there isn't one already and the associated cost for seadek or similar material but haven't had a chance yet. Sure would be a nice option from Malibu to offer seadek for all of the storage compartments.

This sounds like something I may need as well. My boat ships tomorrow so will be looking for something soon. I just looked on Seadek website and they have a template kit. I wonder if we could get 1 person to get one and then a group buy from that template.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you can, just thought a part number might me helpful...they have 10 pieces total drawn. I don't have it accessible now, but will when I'm back to my office later this afternoon. I'll be doing the entire kit in my LSV, currently SeaDek is not a Malibu supplier.

I assume you can, just thought a part number might me helpful...they have 10 pieces total drawn. I don't have it accessible now, but will when I'm back to my office later this afternoon. I'll be doing the entire kit in my LSV, currently SeaDek is not a Malibu supplier.

What are the 10 pieces for? I can't find them on the website. But maybe it's something I need to order.

They have a full kit and it runs about $1,200 for the parts. Just checked a couple weeks ago.

Not too bad, but I like that the carpet protects the exposed flooring too. I'm undecided on it. It looks awesome though.

Edited by tjklein

Adding the template to my build thread, anyone should be able to reference it with SeaDek and order panels needed.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48467-next-malibu-on-order2014-23-lsv/page-2#entry706519

Thanks! I pick up boat Saturday and will see if I think it needs #8 and #9 storage pads. If so I will give them a call Monday and get a price for them. I was up looking at boat todyt and wish I had checked those areas out but didn't think about it.

Looking at that template, I think piece number 8 might be underneath the batteries..... It looks like 9 might cover the entire floor of the compartment. I just talked to Seadek and they want $159 for piece number 9 by itself.

Looking at that template, I think piece number 8 might be underneath the batteries..... It looks like 9 might cover the entire floor of the compartment. I just talked to Seadek and they want $159 for piece number 9 by itself.

Thanks for checking on that!! Now, where do I put that on the list of things I need for the boat? I'm thinking it will be an off season purchase.

For that price it will for sure be a wait and see how many times I say "man I really need something there".

Yeah.... Thinking about ordering a sheet of self adhesive foam rubber from McMaster for $25 and cutting it to size myself.... Just looking for some traction and padding in there. It doesn't need to be fancy.