Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sunsetter LXI thread. Post em up!

Brodie

• 2 weeks later...

I see some of the SS's come with tribal graphics.

I thought Malibu didn't offer those decals until after they discontinued the SS.

So, are those tribal graphics from factory or aftermarket?

Just curious.

I see some of the SS's come with tribal graphics.

I thought Malibu didn't offer those decals until after they discontinued the SS.

So, are those tribal graphics from factory or aftermarket?

Just curious.

Aftermarket.

Good thread so I can see alike boats!

First one is when I towed her home from Lake Havasu after buying in 2012. First weekend in June....107 in Havasu and 33 the next day in central Nevada.

The original owner stripped her naked of decals.....now I'm wanting to add them back. I just noticed DomedNumbers is making Malibu graphics now. Might have to order some from them after not getting a response last year when I asked if they had the capability to track down the font.

2012-06-05_10-26-15_97.jpg

boat008.jpg

CIMG2240.jpg

CIMG2239.jpg

• Like 3

iwski - I would personally leave it as is without the side decals! Looks awesome :rockon:

I was planning to remove mine this Spring but I got to anxious to get on the water :)

iwski - I would personally leave it as is without the side decals! Looks awesome :rockon:

I was planning to remove mine this Spring but I got to anxious to get on the water :)

You're the second person in this thread to favor the naked look. Interesting, I'm just enjoying see everyone's opinions on these types of forums. For pride reasons I guess I have wanted to put MALIBU across the side and on the transom so everyone knows this isn't a yellow Bayliner haha. Maybe I'm over sensitive because a buddy of mine had an identically-colored Reinell....and he, being a non-skier, gave me a hard time for paying more for a used 2003 boat than he paid brand new in 2009. My response to him was, "you've got a lot learn" haha. My older Euro-F3 was a dead give away that it was a serious ski boat with the flat bottom, low gunnel, center engine sticking way up, etc. Unfortunately the naked Sunsetters and other high-gunnel boats are passed by some folks as "your average I/O" until you see the prop under the back-end.

Edited by iwski

You're the second person in this thread to favor the naked look. Interesting, I'm just enjoying see everyone's opinions on these types of forums. For pride reasons I guess I have wanted to put MALIBU across the side and on the transom so everyone knows this isn't a yellow Bayliner haha. Maybe I'm over sensitive because a buddy of mine had an identically-colored Reinell....and he, being a non-skier, gave me a hard time for paying more for a used 2003 boat than he paid brand new in 2009. My response to him was, "you've got a lot learn" haha. My older Euro-F3 was a dead give away that it was a serious ski boat with the flat bottom, low gunnel, center engine sticking way up, etc. Unfortunately the naked Sunsetters and other high-gunnel boats are passed by some folks as "your average I/O" until you see the prop under the back-end.

After I'm done cleaning up the "Exclusive Towboat...." from the back of my boat, I'm going to put Malibu there, like some of the others on this thread. Keeping the big Malibu off the sides, but Sunsetter LXi small on the back sides. I think the LXi is a classy boat and a more toned down decal approach seems appropriate to me. My two cents.

Yep! The sunsetter gelcoat as well as the Sunscape gelcoat from the early-mid 2000s resembles a runabout gelcoat, although much sexier, and I like the updated Malibu side decal.

Edited by Brodie
  • 4 weeks later...

I love seeing all of these beautiful boats..Thank you...you guys sure do know how to hurt a girl..... kinda makes me think twice about selling my 99 LXI. She's been a good time but truthfully she needs to go where she can be used not just for sitting in the coves and listening to music.