Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sunsetter LXI thread. Post em up!

Brodie

I figured we needed a classic Sunsetter LXI thread, so let's see em!

Finally got our new to us 99 SSLXI cleaned up and ready for the season. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398693402.771905.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398693417.503860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She cleaned up well. I looked at that boat for Inlandlaker during his search. I'll post some pics of my old SLXi...sorry folks, but it was the cleanest SLXi on the planet :)

She cleaned up well. I looked at that boat for Inlandlaker during his search. I'll post some pics of my old SLXi...sorry folks, but it was the cleanest SLXi on the planet :)

Thanks. It took lots of rubbing compound, polish and 303 but it turned out well, except for the corrosion on some of metal brackets under the doghouse and in the reat trunk. Let's just say the description they represented wasn't quite reality, including the motor which was marketed as having the Monsoon. It worked out in the end though.

My blue 2000 would have rivaled yours. I remember yours, and it was beautiful.

Edited by Brodie

Thanks. It took lots of rubbing compound, polish and 303 but it turned out well, except for the corrosion on some of metal brackets under the doghouse and in the reat trunk. Let's just say the description they represented wasn't quite reality, including the motor which was marketed as having the Monsoon. It worked out in the end though.

My blue 2000 would have rivaled yours. I remember yours, and it was beautiful.

smells like a proof picture show down is in order :)

Yes but we all know that you make people take a silkwood shower and then be fully dry before setting foot inside.

• Like 2

I figured we needed a classic Sunsetter LXI thread, so let's see em!

Finally got our new to us 99 SSLXI cleaned up and ready for the season. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398693402.771905.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1398693417.503860.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work! She did clean up really well. Edwin sent me some pics of the boat and it, as you said, was not as advertised. If I were you, I'd be really pleased with that purchase!

13 years and I can't locate a decent pic of my boat! What the heck is wrong with me?!

As this thread demonstrates, the SLXi sure looks sexy on the water!