Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TXI muffler cracked

@jloven: now that you know the root cause of the blockage you certainly could consider repairing the muffler via fiberglass patch. Once you do that I would certainly perform a pressure / restriction test on the repaired part. You could use a shop vac to do the flow / restriction test by hooking up to the outlet side of the shop vac and check your flow rate (you could compare to the known good muffler as a sense check). I would also consider checking with the dealer on any warranty concerns and perhaps let them look over your repair if you go this route. As for critter repellant, maybe some moth balls set just inside the tips would keep them out while on the lift.

• Like 1

I have a 2013 TXI and my ski partner has a 2014 TXI. Both of us had to replace the passenger side mufflers because the back baffle came louse.