Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What flip flops are you using?

Bawshogg

I have a buddy who will only wear orthodic sandals from companies like OluKai & New Balance. He's in the military & needs it I guess.

I've worn my share of Reefs. They rarely last more than a full season. And with all the dogs & geese around, I'm not interested in using the bottle opener. The flip flops I have now are Oakleys & Keen.... both are more than a year old & still in descent shape. Might be time to get a new pair to start breaking in though.

BTW, the Keens are nice with the toe protection. I can't tell you how many times I've stubbed my toe on a dock cleat or tree root & been soooo glad I was wearing them.

I have a buddy who will only wear orthodic sandals from companies like OluKai & New Balance. He's in the military & needs it I guess.

I've worn my share of Reefs. They rarely last more than a full season. And with all the dogs & geese around, I'm not interested in using the bottle opener. The flip flops I have now are Oakleys & Keen.... both are more than a year old & still in descent shape. Might be time to get a new pair to start breaking in though.

BTW, the Keens are nice with the toe protection. I can't tell you how many times I've stubbed my toe on a dock cleat or tree root & been soooo glad I was wearing them.

Surprised Bill. I can get two seasons from reefs usually and I really do wear them all day every day in the summer. I don't have a job in the summer so they really get worn. I have skinnier feet then average and like how they fit as well.

Always wondered why anyone would want a bottle opener on the bottom of a flip flop. You might wear the flip flops into a rest stop bathroom on the way to the lake and then an hour later, use it to open a beer bottle....no, thanks.

• Like 2

Surprised Bill. I can get two seasons from reefs usually and I really do wear them all day every day in the summer. I don't have a job in the summer so they really get worn. I have skinnier feet then average and like how they fit as well.

I must be rough on them. They don't really wear out. But it seems like I end up ripping the upper pieces out of the sole or jamming my foot thru the front.

I get where people are coming from about the bottle opener buuuutt...

The opener is only touching the cap and not the mouth of the bottle. Unless you are sucking all the brewed goodness off of the cap before you toss it, I don't think its a real issue. Besides, alcohol kills germs, right!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get where people are coming from about the bottle opener buuuutt...

The opener is only touching the cap and not the mouth of the bottle. Unless you are sucking all the brewed goodness off of the cap before you toss it, I don't think its a real issue. Besides, alcohol kills germs, right!?!?!?

I think the point is that it's kinda gross to have to chip the dog s*** off your bottle opener in order to use it on the bottle your about to drink from. :tease2:

Those Sanuks are looking good. Amazon has the Fault Lines for under $25.

I think the point is that it's kinda gross to have to chip the dog s*** off your bottle opener in order to use it on the bottle your about to drink from. :tease2:

Hahah...eh, a little concentrated turd never hurt anyone. Think of all the diluted 'solids' that are in the water that you swallow when you take a hard digger! Lol.

• Like 1

A long time ago a senior master sergeant taught me how to open a bottle with my eye socket, so I don't need an opener any more.

You have any video of that?

Whatever is cheapest and all rubber (no cloth or leather). That's pretty much the only two criteria I have. O'neill is my current set up. Couldn't tell you the model because I threw the tags away.

First off, you guys do realize the Fannings (the ones with the bottle opener) are like 1 of 50 styles they sell?

Second, if you're having to resort to your dirty flip flop with a built in bottle opener as the only option to open your beer....you aint been drinking beer long enough! :lol:

• Like 3

First off, you guys do realize the Fannings (the ones with the bottle opener) are like 1 of 50 styles they sell?

Second, if you're having to resort to your dirty flip flop with a built in bottle opener as the only option to open your beer....you aint been drinking beer long enough! :lol:

...or you have had way too many!

It's not a flip flop, but I use my Sperrys. They're about the only shoe I wear in the spring and summer besides when I'm at work.

Flip Flops = SITV = good things turned bad.

Thanks to this thread & a good streak of warm weather we're going thru, I got to dig out my flip flops last night after work. I had forgotten I bought a pair of DC flip flops last fall, so their brand spankin new. They definitely need to be broken in though, the arches are ridiculously high.

I usually wear slips on loafers or nothing at all, but I just bought some Sanuk Fraid Not's because of you guys. Hope I like them..

Scott