Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What flip flops are you using?

Bawshogg

Reefs for me just careful with the bottle opener. Only issue is the top strap rubs my foot raw in the beginning of the season. Let heal for one week without wearing them. Then good to go for the summer. Scar tissue I guess. Like a new pair of work boots your foot has to adapt.

The cheaper the better for me! Any kind, DC, Volcom, quicksilver and so on. The thinner the better also, I wear them 6 months a year and living in Alberta! Two pairs in my hockey bag, four pairs in my house, one pair for garage and honestly about 10 pairs at the cabin. Love my flip flops.

Rainbows for sure. It was hard for me to justify the cost at first, but I love mine. I keep buying more! I don't like to use mine on the boat as I had a pair "taco" when spending all day in direct sunlight. By far the most comfortable to walk long distances in as they have arch support.

I wear flip-flops nearly everywhere except work, all year long. Any regular pair will do, and I don't retire them until I pull the strap out of one. Several years per pair is not uncommon. New ones don't feel right for a few months, until they get the right dents in the right places.

I second shawndoggy on the OluKai brand. There water sandle is great. Your foot never slips in the sandle when wet like others. Plus they are overall great - expensive but worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rainbow Sandals under my feet. Their headquarter is in my small beach town, so most everybody wears them here. They used to make them here, but not anymore. You could get some leather scraps out of their dumpster for Cub Scout projects.

Great quality, long lasting and comfortable! They will wear out before they fall apart.

Their outlet store has a bunch of old worn out pairs hanging on the walls with hand written testimonies form a lot of famous pro surfers.

Good luck on your quest! You could probably ask any Hawaiian? They know their sandals.

http://www.rainbowsandals.com/

I have two favorites. For walking longer distances I like Flo Jo Xanders the memory foam is super comfortable. Bought my first pair in Hawaii and walked every where in them. For boating I like Reef's. I put my Reef's through hell when we were house boating, climbing up rocky hillsides to pound mooring stakes, getting them stuck in the muddy bank. I put a lot of stress on the part that connects the upper straps the sole and I never had a pair fail.

You ain't a man until you walk down the boat ramp bare foot! The corrugated concrete, random stones, screws, and glass shards make you tough!

Edited by TheHardWay
  • Like 3

Just ordered a pair of the Olukai Ohana's from Amazon based purely on this thread...I'll find out Wednesday night if you guys are right!

I have two pairs of the Reef Fannings that I've been wearing for a few years now. I like them, but having flat feet, going to try these new ones out to see if they're any more comfortable.

Edited by jtrovato
  • Like 2

I can actually attest to hard that is to do^^^

No not in high heels, but I once surfed in cowboy boots. That was ALOT more difficult that one would think. Even worse trying to swim with those damn things on when you fall.

• Like 2

I can actually attest to hard that is to do^^^

No not in high heels, but I once surfed in cowboy boots. That was ALOT more difficult that one would think. Even worse trying to swim with those damn things on when you fall.

Nice recovery! :Tease3:

Reef

Over the years I've always owned Reefs and mixed in other brands here and there for backups. Some of them might beat Reef in one category, but for comfort/style/cost/durability I've never found anything that compares. It's all I buy anymore. That said, I've never owned any of the Fannings......can't speak to their comfort. I wear the Rodeoflip.

Ha, the rodeoflip is my "other" pair. They are great too. Good arch support.

If they have any arch support at all, can they legally be called flip flops?

Second the Hemp Rainbow recommendation. They really break in and become super comfy. I wear my sandals everyday if I can and get about a year and a half per pair. Lifetime warranty if the strap breaks or the sole unglues. I'be worn through the sole before that's ever happened.