Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What flip flops are you using?

Bawshogg

For as long as I can remember the flip flop has always been my "go to" choice in warm weather footwear. They are an essential part of boating for all but about one dude that I know of here.

I have always purchased a new pair about this time of year , or a few times in the late season to hold over until the next. I literally live in these things for 4-5 months. I even wear them to work and just change when I get there.

Sooooo. For the past 5-6 years my go-to has been the Reef Fannings or some variant of them. The first two pairs I ever had were what appeared to be Awesome. Most comfortable flip flop I ever owned. I actually just threw away the first pair I ever bought last year. They were haggard and stunk. Worn but still intact.

The last two pairs I bought in the 50-60 dollar range were just horrible. They wear the skin off the bottom of my big toe, the center piece that goes between your toes ripped out on both of them with out even making it one full season, and the bottoms were flat out BALD.

I love the style and look of those type sandals, but can't get myself to buy another set old those junky things now. It REALLY hurts when you rub through all your skin on your big toe! It takes a long time to heal. I never had that issue except for the last two pairs , and better yet I was talking to a good buddy that wears them and he has the same issue as of late. I am wondering if they changed up the compound of the foot bed. I noticed on their site they are touting all the environmental friendliness stuff now.

I have spent hours on line looking at styles and see several I like from other brands , but can't really give them a try.

What are you wearing ? Who is your go-to flip or flop? Just like to hear some opinions so I can maybe find a new best friend for summer.

I've been running sanuuks for the last several years with good success. I lost my favorite pair 4 years ago in a rather ridiculous incident with an equally ridiculous friend. I really like them and some of their styles work well with my feet.

I use rainbows. I like the hemp ones. The leather ones make my feet make a farting sound when wet. They are tough as nails tho. I can use em for 3 or 4 seasons, step in mud, muck and any other surfaces and they hold up. They look like hell but still function after that long. I have only worn rainbows over the last 10 years and I have yet to break a set. I think they come with a lifetime guarantee too.

http://www.rainbowsandals.com/products-all/men's/sandals

edit: I noticed link didnt work but you can just google "rainbow sandals". I also looked em up and they only have a 6 month warranty but I have never needed one.

edit again: 6 month warranty, lifetime guarantee.

Edited by isellacuras

Crocs...yes, Crocs. They are strangely very practical and comfortable. I get a lot of ribbing for wearing them...but I'm man enough to withstand the abuse.

Wow funny this just came up. I have been looking for the perfect pair of lake/camp shoes. I have never found a pair of flip flops that work for me. I have odd feet apparently. So I have been looking for something else. Maybe some crocs. I just tried on the loafer style and liked them. But also considering the ones i use to wear back in high school. Anyone old enough to remember Tiddies? Can't find them in stores anymore but still made in Houston and can get them online. I think I need some Big Knockers if noting else to relive my youth.

www.mytiddies.com

Edited by MEYJR

Wow! This is awesome. I have never heard of most of these suggestions. I had no idea there were so many different brands out there.

Sounds like the people are really prone to sticking with one brand, which I find interesting. Almost NONE of these brands are anything I have ever seen local.

Love them TIDDIES, that's hilarious. Thanks for all the input so far guys.

Sanuk Sandle, comfy and hold up...wore them today.

http://snorkel-gear.com/product-category/footwear/mens-footwear/mens-sandals/#.U12VsyifMc4

I actually put my hands on some today, the beer coozie ones seemed pretty cushy, I just didn't wan all brown and that's all they had in my size.

Edited by Bobby Bright

Reefs. Because I can't think of a better cause then to have my money support the reef girls.

Pretty good reason, but I think those girls maybe doing inappropriate things with the inventory . Those things treat my feat like a bad STD.

• Like 1

I used to wear Reefs.

Now it's OluKai 'Ohana. I wear them 8 months of the year and 99% of the time. The most comfortable Flip Flops I have ever worn. Read the reviews. I have several pairs but I still wear the first pair I ever bought.

http://www.olukai.com/shop/mens/sandals/ohana/?gclid=CPXDwMzxgb4CFZJj7AodImwARw

Wow funny this just came up. I have been looking for the perfect pair of lake/camp shoes. I have never found a pair of flip flops that work for me. I have odd feet apparently. So I have been looking for something else. Maybe some crocs. I just tried on the loafer style and liked them. But also considering the ones i use to wear back in high school. Anyone old enough to remember Tiddies? Can't find them in stores anymore but still made in Houston and can get them online. I think I need some Big Knockers if noting else to relive my youth.

www.mytiddies.com I bought some last year very comfortable.

This is awesome, "tiddies" were the flops of choice for swimmers in college and I have forgotten all about them! Thanks fo the walk down memory lane!!

I am a reef and sperry guy also!!!

chris

Sanuk all the way. I like you used to always wear the Reef Fannings. I have had Adidas, Oakley, Reef, Birkenstocks, and some Volcoms. I bought the Sanuks and have never looked back. The beer coozie ones feel fantastic after a long day.

But I do agree that the Reef girls are unbelievable!! :drool: