Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

07 vlx

Underdog

Looking for suggestions on surf set up

I have all 4 MLS tanks and power wedge

Added a 800# bag on surf side

400# under seat surf side

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fill all except non surf side full. full wedge 10.9 mph. i would also add another 400# on top of the surf side seat. That is my setup.

Edited by TURNITRED

fill all except non surf side full. full wedge 10.9 mph. i would also add another 400# on top of the surf side seat. That is my setup.

Agree with this, but the speed may not be correct depending on how you're calibrated. Just go as slow as you can while still having a clean wave. Also have all of your crew on the surf side. For newbies, I might not fill the bow tank as the bow tank lengthens the wave with a little less push. I've never needed the extra 400 on the seats as long as my crew sits there (2+ people).

Oh, and the other very important thing; you must be in deeper than 8 feet of water. Even 8 is pushing it. Where we surf it's 25 and goes up to 6 at a shelf. Even if we're fully loaded I can't keep up if we accidentally get too shallow. Stay in the deep stuff!

Edited by Jimmypooh

TURNITRED you put 800#s on surf side seat????

My prop is a Acme1235

Always at least 10' deep

Varied speeds from 9-12mph

Wedge all the way down and up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk