Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear tank drain pump location

stumpf101

One of my rear factory ballast tank pumps is not working. It fills but will not drain. I'm trying to find it but by listening to the other side it sound like it is inside the tank. I opened the port that covers the hoses from tank and followed them but no pump. Does anybody know where it is or how to get to it?

My front drain pump keeps blowing the fuze so I assume I have to replace that one.

Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by stumpf101

When you get the pump apart spin the impeller by hand and try it again. I've had a couple of them do this and once you get them started again they're fine. At least mine were/are ... For now.

• 1 month later...

Can you share the thread you found. I have an 08 LSV and the left rear drain pump is not working but I don't know where it is. I removed the floor cover but that only shows the tank drain fittings.