Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

One heck of a claim

wakebrdr94

If I was a MC competitor salesman I would use this exchange from Tommy Boy to counter this "guarantee"

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of s***. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.

• Like 3

Oh I know... but it just seems to run counter to Mastercraft's recommended (and insanely long) 50 hour break in period.

50 hours? I would love to see the fine print on that one.

I have never broken in any boat I have owned the way they say you should.

I broke this last one in on the first demo with 1500 lbs of extra weight.

10 plus years and not one major engine failure. Ran all of them like I was gonna use them from day one. Changed oil after 20 hrs on them all.

Most buyers will water test other brands before making a $100k+ purchase. This guarantee seems like it would work for someone on the fence between two brands. They purchase the MC use it for 10 hours, if it did not turn out to what they were thinking, it would give them the option to turn in the keys, and go out and purchase the other brand they were considering. Although, more than likely a very uncomfortable conversation with the sales rep.... I think most people who own MC's love them, my gut is they would have very few people actually do this.

If we all had Baddog's avatar, she would never let us make a mistake and buy a Mastercraft.

Go ahead, buy a Mastercraft and you will become dragon food, well toasted. Besides that, you know how she feels about master/slave relationships, so with a name like Mastercraft . . . . . . take your chances.

special order you MC.. return it and you need to buy your next boat from dealer stock.... pretty narrow options.... and they don't cut you a check for at least 30 days.... miss a step and you have a weekday and a weekend boat.

I do wish I had 250G laying around just to test this out! Although if they are right, I would just stick with the MC and only be down 125G.

I do wish I had 250G laying around just to test this out! Although if they are right, I would just stick with the MC and only be down 125G.

125k huh? Must be skipping the wetsounds system :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk