Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Issue

Mississippiwake

Does anyone know how to get the power wedge up after it has been deployed? I have recalibrated it and made sure i was going 3-5 mph as I held the up button. The boat is an 2007 VLX. I can bypass the up button and manually raise it off the fuse box, and this works. However, it is just the button that will not work. Does anyone have any experience with this issue or any suggestions?

In the main fuse box you will have two wires feeding the power wedge. A black and a white wire, right by the main power wire coming into the fuse box. You will need to attach two pig tail wires to the power wedge wires so that you can swap the ground and the hot. The wedge has two wires, a hot and ground going to each actuator. In order for the actuator to go down, one wire will be hot at this time and the other will be the ground. When raising the wedge, you swap the hot and ground. This allows the actuators to reverse and bring the wedge up.

In the main fuse box you will have two wires feeding the power wedge. A black and a white wire, right by the main power wire coming into the fuse box. You will need to attach two pig tail wires to the power wedge wires so that you can swap the ground and the hot. The wedge has two wires, a hot and ground going to each actuator. In order for the actuator to go down, one wire will be hot at this time and the other will be the ground. When raising the wedge, you swap the hot and ground. This allows the actuators to reverse and bring the wedge up.

Never looked into it, but knowing how the medallion box works, is there a relay tied into these circuits?

Jefferson Davis / Marion county area. I do not have a switch like that in my boat. In my Malibu i deploy my wedge off the right Mux switch. Very familiar with hattiesburg

It has it's own fuse with a trip button on it. That is the only thing i am aware of the protects the actuators. What are you referring to as the medallion box?

You must have an 08 the Mux switch didn't come in a malibu till then. I also would check the breaker that should be under the dash. You still could try the cutting the boat off thing.

Yes its a 08 Honest mistake! I will have to locate the viper box and fuse, that is the only thing i was not aware of and have not checked. I tried cutting off and on but still no results.

I was starting to think that it was going out myself. However when i change pages on it to go to the stereo, the button works to change channels.

Ok i could not locate the inline fuse out of the viper box. I did check all my fuses and i found that my heater fuse was blown. I never have used it, so why would that fuse be blown? It does use the same mux switch as the wedge in order to turn on.

I actually had some wedge problems on my 07 VLX again this weekend. Mine has a Lenko 3 lobe control box that determines the position of the wedge. The wedge gets its power from a CLB-Seriers 30a breaker, which on my boat is labeled "power seat". The wedge had no power and the gauges were not reading anything until I put pressure on the fuse. It would come to life however the thermal fuse was old and needed to be replaced. I think it was actually broken internal or had a poor connection inside the breaker, because it was not tripping it was just not working as designed. I order a new thermal fuse, I hope this fixes my problem. I am pretty sure it will because I can bypass my fuse and it works fine. I had to deal with the wedge working and not working all last season, what a pain. I even swapped out the control box which is not cheap. I think I finally will have a good fix and the fuse cost me $1. I know you said yours was a 08 not sure if this helps but I thought I would share what I know in case it had not changed. Everything would had been much simpler if the fuse was labled "power wedge" not "power seat". And I didn't have to order the fuse on-line.

http://www.oempartsllc.com/breaker10a250vac32vdccarlingtechclbseriesnew-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.aspx

dhut76,

I also have a 2007 vlx. Is the fuse in the arm rest under the throttle or under the dash? I think I found the lenco controller, and I see the power seat is labeled on the breaker.

Did you have problems with the actuators too?

The fuse is under the arm rest. You have to remove all the screws holding the fuse panel. The panel will drop down and you will see all the thermal breakers/fuses. The wedge should be on the only 30a you have. The back of the breaker should be the side that get power from you batteries, and the front side (side closest to inside of boat) should have a wire going to plug in Lenko box. A good test to see if you have breaker/fuse problem is to take the wire going into breaker/fuse off and touch it to your battery side bypassing the breaker/fuse. If you get power then your breaker is tripped or no longer working. My VLX would power up the wedge and the alarm would go off saying stay clear the wedge is moving up. My actuators seem to be in good shape.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I have a 2006 malibu vlx and I'm having similar issues. Is the 2006 fuses and control modules the same as the 2007s? My wedge will not move up or down but the screen constantly and randomly says to stay clear that the wedge is moving up. This happened once before and the dealer replace the power module under warranty in 2008 or 2009. Something tells me it's something other than the module. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I am going to try the above recommendations and see if it's the same for my 2006.