Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Setup for 2014 Radar Senate-C ?

Masher

Recently bought a 2014 Radar Senate-C. Putting 2013 Strada bindings on it. Anyone know the recommended set up for this ski? I have found other posts from previous years recommending a measurement of 29.25" measured to the back of the front boot from the back edge of the ski. Back boot then as tight to the front boot as possible. At the store they set it up centered which I measured to be about 30". Should I leave it and try it there first?

Also, is there a rule of thumb for how the boots should be aligned with the centerline of the ski? Right now my forward foot (left) appears to be turned inward (slightly clockwise) and the rear boot (right) is pretty much centered on the midline of the ski, possibly slightly to the left (slightly clockwise). Should they both be centered or is there a rule of thumb to follow?

Recently bought a 2014 Radar Senate-C. Putting 2013 Strada bindings on it. Anyone know the recommended set up for this ski? I have found other posts from previous years recommending a measurement of 29.25" measured to the back of the front boot from the back edge of the ski. Back boot then as tight to the front boot as possible. At the store they set it up centered which I measured to be about 30". Should I leave it and try it there first?

Also, is there a rule of thumb for how the boots should be aligned with the centerline of the ski? Right now my forward foot (left) appears to be turned inward (slightly clockwise) and the rear boot (right) is pretty much centered on the midline of the ski, possibly slightly to the left (slightly clockwise). Should they both be centered or is there a rule of thumb to follow?

What speed and line length are you skiing! Slower speeds and longer lines typically require boots more forward, so I would try it where it sits and find out where the water breaks. It should break under the center of the front boot.

Rule of thumb for most, is front boot dead centerline and rear foot turned slightly clockwise (for a right rear foot). The more you rotate the rear boot, however, the harder it is to counter rotate on your offside.

You will love that ski BTW.

Thanks Brodie. I typically ski at 32 mph and longer line length (-15). Mostly free skiing but enjoy trying the course when I get the chance. So your comments are very helpful. I will leave it where it is for now (centered) and will adjust the alignment of the boots slightly. Thx.

ahopkins22LSV

Well, you still measure from the tail and I would still measure use that as a very good reference. Technically there isn't even a "Senate C" for 2014 if you want to play that game. Plus most of the changes to the vapor was from the front binding forward. And the fact that he is using Strada bindings he could use the center hole on the front boot as a reference too, that should be stock. I said should so I would still double check.

Front binding need to measured from the back of the ski to the sticking on the heel of the front boot (Strada), center hole is never stock binding come in different lengths. The canter of bindings and placement of the of the rear boot is subjective.

These two videos show how to set up a Strada, but the concept is the same.

Edited by onamission

How long is the ski? I bought a 69" 2014 senate this spring too and had trouble finding all the new settings for it. Eventually Chris Sullivan over at radar answered all of my questions. Try the help desk at [email protected]. (radar address I found on Facebook). I had a response back from Sully in about 10 minutes on a Saturday night.

Enjoy the ski, I can hardly wait for the ice to go out to try mine.