Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you put on the tip of a surf board?

superjet

I have a couple of trickboardz, and I think I need to put some sort of protector on the tip. I've seen the surfco nose guards, but I was wondering if anyone has used anything else.

Which one fits the best on the landlock? They have a few different shapes and even a smooth non-snag type on the web site.

Thanks.

We don't seem to have that problem with the trickboardz. The Trickboardz have a leash so when you wipeout, you keep the board with you. The way we weight the boat and the speed of the ride keeps the boards back from the boat too. The LSV puts out a long sweet spot so you can stay back. No need to ride on the platform. Mostly those who bang into the back of the boat are beginners. We put them on the Landlock because it's easier to ride. We'll hang a wet beach towel over the transom while they are learning.

I didn't get a leash with mine. :(

Do you like riding with the leash? I guess I was most interested in getting the tip guard to protect my nugget, not the boat.

Ronnie

Have you ever found something to put on the nose of an Air chair or Sky ski?

I went to two surf shops this weekend and looked at these Surfco nose gaurds but, none of them would work.

Unfortunately no,

I looked at a lot of different surfco gards and none of them would do the job. I even explained to two different sales people what I had and what I needed and both of them said no dice.

Edited by Pistol Pete