Sign in to follow this  
dtm8119

Any "naked" Sunsetter LXI or Response LX's out there?

dtm8119

Mulling over pulling the side MALIBU drip molded decals off. Mine are starting to get a little beat up. I suppose if I didn't like it, I could always pick up a new set from Bakes!

What do you guys think? If you've done it, post up some pictures!

IMG_20140425_180926_zps6b3f8d85.jpg

ebelizard

Looks good, I've been thinking of removing my "echelon" decal off mine for some time, but worried that it'll have an imprint since its a geriatric boat now :)

ahopkinsVTX

Do it! I think it will look a lot like a gen1 LXi. Example of an LX: http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=42895

And then you could maybe put a newer raised chrome Malibu emblem like the one in my profile pic in the same area. There are two sizes available for those.

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

GreenMan

Do it!

dtm8119

Wow the picture of that 04 lx pretty much convinced me!

Vettesetter

It's a no brainer.

Nitrousbird

Not a LX/LXi, but the same hull in a VLX. The day we brought home ours - previous owner removed the decals. All pre-mods...doesn't even seem like the same boat now it's so different. I have decals on ours now, but cheapies I don't like. I want the '14 decals, but at $500ish they aren't a cheap upgrade.

dsc02913it.jpg

jk13

Looks good, I've been thinking of removing my "echelon" decal off mine for some time, but worried that it'll have an imprint since its a geriatric boat now :)

Check out Michigan Boarder's boat house for a naked one. And my boat house for one with newer style graphics on it.

And yes, you will have some ghosting but after polishing and some UV rays I don't notice mine much.