Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Atomic sea soaker?

GlassMaster

I am looking to get ideas for a stealthy, automatic and quickly deployable sea soaker.

My brother has a LSV 247 with room for lots of extra people on board (somehow they are always teenage boys), and when they get bored he likes to hunt smaller boats to engage them in water fights. For the past few years anyway he has armed each of his massive crew with super soakers and will then approach my smaller boat like a pirate gun ship to begin an all out water assault. While my much smaller crew is still reeling and reloading, he turns about 20 feet away and begins sending a second barrage of water balloons from a 3-person launcher. I have 2-3 super soakers onboard but this defense is no match for his incoming volume and distance. We retreat.

This season I want to get something better in the boat to make it funner for our side. I have yet to find, but imagine someone has created a powerful high volume sea soaker that has the ability to project a constant stream 30 feet or more . I want this for myself and for my small kids to use fend off these initial drive by attacks. I have a center ballast pump (750 gph) and stern shower pump that I'm willing to modify for this purpose. I also willing to purchase other parts and solutions if they known to work and stow well. Thanks for the ideas!

1) anything you use needs to deploy ice cold water (making sure no ice gets shot)

2a) rent a gas powered power washer

-or-

2b) build a C02 powered water cannon. Look up air compressor potato cannon for guidance.

I have a fire extinguisher filled with water & pressurized with air. Shoots about 20' or 25' pretty easily. I think it's about 2.5 gallons. I don't get it out much because I don't want the boat dash to get soaked.

pump%20extinguishers%20d%201112.jpg

The bummer is after about a 10 minute water fight, it runs out. I think if your serious, look at something that is 12 volts & has a tube down to the water for an endless supply.

633819783_320.jpg

Check out this Ebay ad..... $80 shipped.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 2

I have an auxiliary hose coming off of a FlyHigh distribution manifold and a Johnson Ballast pump that i use to fill movable fat sacks. It will shoot 20-25 feet as is. With a nozzle maybe more. I have considered the nozzle myself.

This is where that goofy v-drive that PCM uses with the output flange would really be awesome. Throw a massive pto pump attached to that thing with a fire hose attached to the pump. Drive by and fill his whole boat with 1200 psi of engine driven goodness! Teenage boys would be blasted out of the boat before they new what hit them.

Agreed that cold water balloons / snowballs will trump his larger 247 crew watercannons. Personally, I'd go with snowball idea. A couple hundred snowballs in the coolers with dry ice, ought to keep em at the ready. Let them hit you for a couple rounds as usual, then pull out the snowballs when you're ready to take the victory!

Agreed that cold water balloons / snowballs will trump his larger 247 crew watercannons. Personally, I'd go with snowball idea. A couple hundred snowballs in the coolers with dry ice, ought to keep em at the ready. Let them hit you for a couple rounds as usual, then pull out the snowballs when you're ready to take the victory!

yes. bring them in close...real close. Then unleash frozen hell from above.

I think the snowballs or ice cold water would certainly be a deterrent. However, it's going to be difficult to keep ice going when we are out all week and the weather is hovering near 100F even at night. The ice chest drain could be plugged so some water would be available as the source for ice cold water balloons, but I think there is still a good chance the boys would just catch them and throw them back at us, so I need to keep looking. That 12v sprayer is on the right track. I might get it just to try anyway.

The high volume options have me very interested because last summer he really upped the ante. He almost capsized me by running just a few feet past my transom while my engine was off! I tried blocking the initial roller by laying over the ski locker, but the boat still took on so much water that standing water covered most of the floor and the swim platform was pushed below the water line. I still wonder what might have happened if I hadn't reacted, or he had his wedge down or been running with more ballast. Luckily the engine started and I was able to get moving while my bilge pump did its job.

Is there a way to harness the power of the prop wash to get some of the water redirected up like a rooster tail, or something like that? Or maybe feed high volume pressure into the big flex nozzle used by that serious looking jetpack soaker? My bro is careful about cleaning and drying out all of his snap-in carpets daily so anything capable of soaking his passengers and his boat would be very good!

you guys are a bit nuts, but I think you may want to elevate to a trash pump: image_21092.jpg

3 or 4" intake can handle anything...seaweed, fish, ducklings.

you can screw a nozzle/hose on the discharge. we used to use pvc pipe and choke it down to 1.5". Over 1000 gallons per minute at a very high PSI. you can carve your name in his gelcoat with it.

• Like 2
I guess you better just get a Bigger Boat and Bigger Crew than he has.

Ha ha, you got that right! But winning a water fight is not worth forever giving up the ability to waterski.

He almost capsized me by running just a few feet past my transom while my engine was off! I tried blocking the initial roller by laying over the ski locker, but the boat still took on so much water that standing water covered most of the floor and the swim platform was pushed below the water line. I still wonder what might have happened if I hadn't reacted, or he had his wedge down or been running with more ballast. Luckily the engine started and I was able to get moving while my bilge pump did its job.

You guys might want to back it down a notch before someone gets hurt. Especially with small kids on your boat.

I'm all for a good water cannon/ballon fight on the lake...but you guys need to be careful out there....

I totally agree. But him, maybe not so much. My kids were not onboard at the time he put a wake over the transom. I think the amount of water he pushed into my boat actually surprised him too. It is all in fun, but that boneheaded move is a big reason why I want the ability to mount a better defense.

He has shown weaknesses in a couple of areas. 1) Keeping his boat pretty much clean and dry. 2) Keeping his wife happy and dry. The intimidation factor of having a big soaker onboard alone may be enough to at least keep his distance, and if not, it is going to provide me with a "safe ability" to go after both weaknesses until he gets the message that his reckless engagements will now come with a steeper cost. If it's cool enough maybe the boys will jump his ship to help me out!

Strategy: focus all waterpower and Aim for the Wife. Then she be neither happy nor dry.

After a full scale water attack on her, I am betting she will take over command of your brother's vessel and make a fast retreat. Lol.

• Like 3

It's not that difficult? Find some 12 volt pumps with decent output and attach hoses & nozzles. Harbour Freight probably sells something cheap.................

Edited by Tracktor

... that boneheaded move is a big reason why I want the ability to mount a better defense.

Kel-tec KSG. Holds almost 1.5 pounds of 12 Ga. defense. Imagine their surprise when you whip it out and pepper their behinds with rubber balls!

414-355-productionKSG_right_4052hires.pn

Well, maybe not for your family.