Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Going bonkers!

pook77

Sitting in my new boat, waiting for the lake to open on May 1st. I'm half temped to go get a fake lake and rev it in the drive way. I've buffed and wiped down every inch of it 20 times. It's only been in the water once. post-25032-13983786691441_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about you break out the heat gun and peel those nasty warning stickers off. That will keep you busy through one beer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

How about you break out the heat gun and peel those nasty warning stickers off. That will keep you busy through one beer.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have not peeled mine off either. It gives it that stock look....maybe more resale value with stickers on

last 2 boats I've had, I spec'd in the contract for ALL stickers and residue to be removed prior to delivery

Even the California emissions sticker...keeping that one their tells people I care

last 2 boats I've had, I spec'd in the contract for ALL stickers and residue to be removed prior to delivery

I stripped all those decals off mine too. Our local dealer spotted it & told me the one on the transom about not running the engine while people are on the swimstep due to the exhaust fumes...... apparently it's a state law that you have to have that one. He gave me another one & I threw it in the glovebox with the registration for the day Johnny Law actually wants to ding me for not having that on the boat. Then I'll pull it out & slap it on there for him.

Sorry to hijack...do you guys use goo gone or goof off products to remove sticky residue from gel coat?

Use goo gone. It works perfect. Dab a little on a rag and rub gently. It will come right off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hijack...do you guys use goo gone or goof off products to remove sticky residue from gel coat?

I've used them both & find they will both do the job. But Goo Gone smells a heck of a lot better..... like citrus. And if you use heat to remove the decal, then a lot of the adhesive will go with it.