Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

surfing a sunsetter

cwhunt

I have a 95 sunsetter no wedge I'm hoping someone can share with me how they set theirs up for surfing. I have 2 400# bags and a750# my board is a LF fish and seems to work on a small wake. last year I just had the 2 400# bags and our friends son could go rope less and do 360's.

I have a 2000 Sunsetter LX.... Wedge makes a great difference, but last summer my wedge was damaged, so here is my setup without wedge:

500 front surfside

700 side rear surfside

750 middle rear

350 rear surfside

Hope this helps!!!!

wow that's allot of weight, so the 500 in the bow surf side? and the 350 in back under the seat surf side?

My boat is a DD, nothing fits under the seat ;)... 500 in the bow on surfside, I have a fatsac seat that wraps around the engine, 750 surfside next to engine box, 350 on top fatsac seat in a L shape with one end touching the surfside hull.

OOPS... sorry, I forgot the the center locker bag is full also(more weight :))

here is a PDF showing Flying High's recommended lay out:

http://fatsac.com/PDFs/MidEngineSacLayout.pdf

Edited by kerpluxal

Thanks

trying to get the pic off my phone of the wake without the wedge... depending on the board I used additional people in boat... speed was 8.8 - 10.0

Friend has a 99 sunsetter I think. We have set it up like 5 times. The best we have got it was 1100 surfside all the way back to the back seat. 400 on back seat all the way over to surfside. 400 right in front of the motor we did play with this one a little moving it forward till we got it tuned just right for the best push. 2 in the boat one surfing. He has a 537 prop. You could surf it with no rope and have a good time.

Man that Flyhigh diagram would have sunk my sportster LX. It would dip the nose so easy. I can't imagine trying to surf it with that much weight in it.

Thats why we didn't put any up front nose dipped to easy we tried it.

Thats why we didn't put any up front nose dipped to easy we tried it.

I don't put 750 in the nose (300-500 depending on setup). Also, he is setting up a sunsetter, not a sportster (sunsetter is a bigger boat). Also, without any weight up front, you are creating a very small pocket (you need weight up front to increase the pocket size). Yes, my nose rides low, but it always low (even unweighted), that I need to man the throttle if wakes are approaching. Worst dip my nose took was unweighted (no one in boat, all swimming out back) and a weighted boat passed by a little too close). Wedge with 300 up front, I have about +10 foot pocket. No weight, 3 - 5ft pocket.

I would like to see your wake. I would be afraid to load it up like that diagram

Trying to pull one off phone... plus I will draw a diagram of my set up then post again :)

that looks like a nice wake. I was wondering if Id need to weight the fron for a bigger pokcet. A diagram of how you have yours set up would be helpful thanks.

that looks like a nice wake. I was wondering if Id need to weight the fron for a bigger pokcet. A diagram of how you have yours set up would be helpful thanks.

Had to get my crayons out;) just uploaded it

If you are interested in a fat sac seat, I have an old one for you (uses waterbed technology to fill) for free + shipping and handling (don't have a box to put in :()

When I first started, I bought cheap sacs from aerial (it looks like they don't make anymore, but they are very similar to these http://www.ebay.com/itm/550-LB-WAKEBOARD-BOAT-BALLAST-BAG-WAKESURF-FAT-SAC-WAKE-ENHANCEMENT-BLADDER-/331166568926?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1b10d1de) once I played with layout of them, I upgraded to fly high bags.

the diagram helps thanks I appreciate the help so I dont have to reinvent the wheel. I wouldnt mind that fat sac let me know what you need for shipping can I fill it with a tsunami pump or will I need to get one for it?